Business Excellence Program Manager
Job Title: Business Excellence Program Manager
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”
DePuy Synthes, part of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Business Excellence Program Specialist/Manager to be located in Cork.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com .
Are you interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team that is helping improve and drive innovation? Apply today!
For this role, we are seeking an individual with a diverse business background, preferably with direct experience in medium to large scale manufacturing companies, with specific supply chain, process excellence and organizational change proficiencies. Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills as well as the ability to see multiple sides of an issue are critical. External J&J experience and/or academic study of Lean and process excellence are particularly beneficial.
Through the mechanism of the Johnson and Johnson Production System deliver best in class performance. Play a leading role in fostering a culture of continuous improvement and achieving sustainable high standards of manufacturing performance through a highly engaged workforce. This role will report directly to the Joints Business Excellence Senior Manager at DePuy Synthes.
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
· Lead and direct the ongoing development and implementation of the transformation strategy.
· Lead the change management aspects of the Lean program.
· Promote and deploy all aspects of JJPS (Johnson and Johnson Production System) across manufacturing.
· Facilitate building and deploying the strategic business plan for DePuy.
· Coach, mentor, and develop the Lean Implementation Team & Support staff throughout the business.
· Lead and report site operational dashboards as part of Tiered Review Process.
· Develop and co-ordinate plant-wide lean training modules.
· Deploy agreed standard methodologies to other sites across the Joints Reconstruction sector.
· Work with the New Product Introductions Group to incorporate lean principles in product and process design and development.
· Work with key suppliers to drive the adoption and implementation of lean work practices to drive increased performance on cost, quality and delivery.
· Actively promote the use of the DMAIC framework for all reengineering type activities.
· Ensure all transformation changes are conducted to the highest of standards in a safe, compliant, and effective manner.
· Facilitate lean driven events throughout the manufacturing and transactional value streams that deliver breakthrough process improvements.
· Develop and implement a fully integrated consistent Standard Work program for all levels across the site.
· Instill and maintain a sense of urgency and customer focus across the site.
· Demonstrate strong leadership and a clearly identifiable work ethos throughout the lean program.
· Develop and lead reciprocal Lean initiatives within the site.
· Extensive knowledge and application of Lean principles, tools, and methodologies.
· Strong leadership and influencing skills.
· Innovative and systems thinker.
· Effective structured problem solving abilities.
· Facilitation skills to drive group participation and handle conflicts.
· Effective presentation and communication abilities.
· Flexible approach to work.
· Process focused and results driven.
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have the following requirements:
Education and experience requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s and/or University degree is required; a degree focused in Engineering, Science or Business is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Consistent track record in leading significant Change initiatives that have delivered breakthrough results for an organization.
- Demonstrated leadership, training delivery, and deployment of Lean at multiple levels of an organization.
- Superior change management skills including the understanding of both individual change and organizational change.
- Ability to build trust and quickly build credibility. Must have strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- MS in Lean Operations, Process Perfection, and/or Operations Management
- Desirable Green or Black Belt Certification in Lean and/or Six Sigma.
- May require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel to other locations and sites
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .