Research and Development Co-op
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Product Development Co-op located in West Chester, PA . The Co-op will work on research and development of Trauma, Extremities, Craniomaxillofacial, Animal Health or Sports products.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson& Johnson for over 100 years. We embrace research and science – bringing creative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every single day, throughout the world.
You will use your engineering knowledge to support the process of developing trauma orthopedics products and corrective surgery products. You will act as a systems engineer gaining exposure to both hardware and software development. You will have an opportunity to work cross functionally through the product development process gaining exposure to MedTech product development.
At the core of the position is innovation, and pursuit of best-in-class products. You should have excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. You should be enthusiastic, thoughtful, and thorough, conducting yourself professionally and with integrity. You will communicate with internal and external project team members regularly. You will maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and compliance always.
Expected hours/duration of co-op:
This position requires a full-time (40 hours/week) work week. Generally, on site Tuesday through Thursday and from home on Monday and Friday. The position is intended to be for the first half of 2024. You will need to provide your own transportation to this location.
*Students legally authorized to work in the United States and that do not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future may apply.
- A current University student in an accredited engineering program in good academic standing.
- Highly motivated and can work independently on one or multiple projects under general direction and can exhibit an attention to detail.
- Interest in medical device/orthopedic fields.
- Interest in systems engineering of both Hardware and Software.
- Interest in robotics.
- Desired majors : Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Establish and cultivate collaboration and partnership internally and externally.
- Has a good sense of priorities and manages time accordingly.
- Has strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience presenting in front of multidisciplinary audiences, and attending team meeting face to face and by teleconference.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software as well as intermediate to advanced software skills with Microsoft Excel is required.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.