Manager, Disease Area Training, Prostate/GU- Solid Tumor (Horsham, PA) - Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Janssen Biotech, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting a Manager, Disease Area Training (Prostate/GU, Solid Tumor) located in Horsham, PA.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. has delivered on the promise of new treatments and new ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a rich legacy of innovative "firsts" Janssen Biotech, Inc. pursues innovative solutions in the therapeutic areas of immunology, oncology, and nephrology. With the same unwavering passion for new challenges, we dedicate ourselves to delivering solutions for these disease states where unmet needs continue to exist. Rooted in rich scientific collaborations and community-based relationships, we have access to some of the top minds in science today, allowing us to advance the treatment of patients through our innovative medicines. Our discoveries lead us not only to new treatments, but also to new ways to empower patients and expand their access to quality care - because we believe that changing lives for the better takes more than medicine.
The Disease Area Training Manager reports to the Director of Solid Tumor Training in the Oncology Sales, Learning and Development department. This role will support the current solid tumor brands as well as future launches across the Solid Tumor Oncology franchise. The Disease Area Training Manager will enhance the proficiency of Sales Representatives’ selling skills, disease state and product knowledge, account management capability, territory business acumen, and technical/clinical proficiency. The individual will apply knowledge of adult learning principles, facilitation skills, and innovative learning solutions to execute best-in-class training programs. This includes the design of specific training programs, oversight of content development, project management, learning effectiveness & process efficiency measures, stakeholder management and learner engagement. They will provide project management and be the primary point of contact for external vendors when content creation is outsourced.
The Disease Area Training Manager will partner closely with Brand and Field Leadership, applicable Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and stakeholders (internal and external) to conduct learning needs assessment to ensure training design will deliver expected outcomes. They will work with Field Training Managers to conduct an ongoing environmental scan across the Region and Nation to identify potential learning gaps throughout the Oncology field sales organization and partner with the Field Training Managers to develop and execute focused learning curriculum. Accordingly, the Disease Area Training Manager will collaborate with peers, Learning Excellence, Sales Leadership, Marketing, Regulatory, and other stakeholders to design and deploy targeted programs that meet all learning needs and enhance on the job application.
The Disease Area Training Manager will spend 90% of their time working in Horsham with the Oncology Hematology Training Team. They will be responsible for developing and delivering POA meetings, workshops, and new Product Launches. Additionally, they will develop, enhance, and deliver new hire training programs consisting of pre-work, class work, and post-class follow-up activities. The Training Manager needs to remain current on healthcare environment, marketplace, and access changes as well as maintain clinical, product and selling skills expertise. The Disease Area Training Manger will serve as a conduit between Marketing and Sales by translating and communicating brand strategies to the field sales teams and the Field Sales Teams and the Field training Manager, while adhering to managers Regulatory Guidelines.
In addition to the above, their responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Content Development, Adaptation, and Delivery
· Trains and develops Janssen Oncology Salesforce, new hires, and current Oncology Specialists
· Develops and executes live and virtual training sessions
· Facilitates workshops at National, Regional, and District meetings by coordinating efforts, materials, and participants while maximizing engagement and effectively enhancing field learning
· Leads learning sessions to increase the salesforce’s understanding of clinical, product, marketplace, and access knowledge as well as healthcare environment and competitor trends
· Designs and delivers impactful learning programs that leverage appropriate technology, learning techniques (e.g., role-playing, modeling), and different modalities to enhance individuals’ knowledge and performance.
· Provides actionable feedback during and following training sessions to improve individuals’ proficiency levels.
· Continually develops and applies knowledge of adult learning principles, and new learning techniques to best meet learners’ needs
· Applies effective facilitation skills to develop and deliver learning programs that maximize impact.
· Identifies and communicates learning and development opportunities to initiate innovative approaches to the training curriculum
· Demonstrate effective platform skills when facilitating meetings or delivering training to maximize the impact of the session and ensure that information is communicated consistently and clearly
· Ensures training content and materials fully comply with HCC and Company guidelines and is approved through all appropriate channels
· Ensures compliance with HCC and Company guidelines when facilitating content
Project Management & Collaboration
· Collaborates with Brands, Franchise, and other SLD partners on training content to support strategic initiatives and training needs
· Partners with the Marketing, field salesforce, RBD, and DM to identify needs and ensure training content aligns with needs
· Manages competing priorities and adapts to changes in project timelines, urgency, or compliance constraints.
· Develops and implements short- and long-term project plans and meets objectives, milestones, and deliverables for multiple projects
· Identifies and manages the necessary resources for projects
· Partners with internal and external stakeholders to devise strategies and materials for use within each region, based on individual strengths and areas for development
Clinical & Marketplace Expertise:
· Remains current on product knowledge, marketplace conditions, and stakeholder practices to deliver the most effective delivery of materials
· Knowledge of companion diagnostics and biomarker testing
· Understands the changing healthcare ecosystem and adapts learning solutions to address changes
· Develops clinical fluency in all assigned disease states to equip learners to engage stakeholders in meaningful, results-driven conversations
· Demonstrates fluency in field reporting tools and can provide training to improve Oncology Specialist business acumen skills and knowledge
· Demonstrates selling skills to understand and meet the customer’s needs and provide appropriate solutions
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
· BA/BS (required), MA/MS in related field of study highly preferred.
· 3+ years of Oncology sales experience (Preferred, but not required)
· Experience working with companion diagnostics (preferred, but not required)
· Experience working in the Prostate cancer space (preferred, but not required)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Forms)
· Excellent leadership, collaboration, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are required.
· Experience/Awareness with one or more of the following training delivery methods is required: e-learning, virtual, or mobile.
· Experience/Awareness of the ADDIE model, Learning Management Systems (preferred, but not required)
· Ability to apply instructional design theories and adult learning principles in the design and development of blended learning approaches and solutions (preferred, not required)
· Must be customer focused and can lead training processes, continuous improvement, and learner engagement initiatives from multiple lenses, including field sales
· Must have the ability to use data driven approach to drive training needs analysis and overall effectiveness with internal customers
· Ability to travel >10% of the time