Commercial Education Digital Surgery Specialist - Joint Reconstruction (multiple openings) - Palm Beach Gardens, FL - Medical Device Business Services, Inc.
Medical Device Business Services, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Commercial Education Digital Surgery Specialist – Joint Reconstruction. This position is based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopaedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com .
The Commercial Education Digital Surgery Specialist - DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction will be responsible for the planning, delivery, and execution of training for the sales organization aligned to the global learning strategy and in support of United States (US) and Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) regional business needs. This role will be primarily focused on digital surgery of the knee and hip and will work with Global Education, Marketing, Sales Leadership, Healthcare Compliance, and other functional partners to craft and deliver educational programs aimed at elevating the proficiency of the sales organization aligned with the company curricula, certification pathways, policies, and strategies.
- Support the execution of Commercial Education strategies in collaboration with internal partners to satisfy the overall objectives of the DePuy Synthes organization.
- Deliver effective educational programs aligned to our learning strategies including the use of a 30-40-30 format, adult learning principles, and professional facilitation skills.
- Educate sales consultants across the entire portfolio to build clinical and non-clinical proficiency with emphasis on technical training, clinical selling, operations, objection handling, enterprise/market effectiveness and more.
- Facilitate learning in self-directed, live, virtual, and/or in-person formats, leveraging appropriate technology platforms.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for training development with strategic partners including vendors.
- Maintain expertise in training and related clinical and business technologies and methodologies.
- Conduct regular training program analyses using MedTech Education analytics methodologies, identify growth opportunities, and evolve programs accordingly.
- Conduct ongoing training needs assessments of customer-facing field sales teams.
- Work closely with cross franchise business partners to identify market trends, organizational shifts and commercial needs and recommend appropriate actions/proposals to management.
- Lead daily business-focused training activities for the Commercial Education department. This includes administrative activities, communications, and implementation of Commercial Education policies and guidelines aligned with the MedTech Education strategy.
- Manage, track, and report on department asset management.
- Ensure that sales training practices are aligned with all Company, government, and legal requirements.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience with a minimum 2 years of medical device experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, ability to self-direct and self-govern.
- Ability to collaborate and lead across functions, job levels, and a matrix organization.
- Experience leading projects or initiatives.
- Aptitude for practical problem solving.
- Ability to effectively create and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences including learners, colleagues, and senior leaders.
- Strong public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Purposeful orientation aligned with passion for providing the best patient care possible.
- Ability to adapt to and deliver in a dynamic work environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills that include professionalism, maturity, and a team mentality.
- Genuine interest in ongoing professional development of self and others.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30%, both domestically and internationally.
- Proficiency with MS Office and virtual meeting applications.
- An in-depth understanding of the DePuy Synthes knee product portfolio, particularly VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution and Attune Primary Knee System.
- Strong clinical expertise in knee anatomy and knee arthroplasty.
- An in-depth understanding of the DePuy Synthes hip product portfolio, particularly VELYS Hip Navigation and CUPTIMIZE enabling technologies.
- Strong clinical expertise in hip anatomy and hip arthroplasty.
- Experience in technology-assisted surgery and/or capital equipment.
- Experience working in a commercial function (field, sales, marketing, etc.).
- Experience as an orthopaedic/medical device trainer.
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering educational content for virtual, in-person, internal, and/or field-based audiences.
- Understanding of selling strategies including capital sales.
- Familiarity with adult learning principles and classroom facilitation.
- Familiarity with administering knowledge and skills-based assessments.
- Experience using and/or implementing modern educational technologies.
- Ability to process complex situations with opposing inputs and decide the best path forward.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.