Senior Manager, Help Desk
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 9, 2023
As a Senior Manager of the Client Services team you will provide strategic guidance to the team supporting the future growth of Zoox. You will create and mature processes and standards within the team and drive projects to improve the user experience and team efficiency. You will also be involved in strategic planning and implementation, as it pertains to Client Services. In addition, the Senior Manager is responsible for conducting performance reviews and evaluating work and progress. You will mentor subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problem-resolution, and prioritization methods. This role requires an individual to have exceptional problem solving, communication, and leadership skills.
- Drive the strategy, productivity, and growth of the Zoox Client Services organization.
- Work with other parts of the business to provide strategic leadership to the Client Services management teams.
- Hire, train, and mentor Client Services Managers, Engineers and Technicians.
- Develop, enhance, and implement Client Services processes, policies, and best practices.
- Build strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external vendors.
- Create and manage budget plans and procurement strategy
- Work cross-collaboratively on client-side projects to improve security, increase efficiency, or improve user experience.
- Research, install/implement, and upgrade internal systems and Saas platforms.
- Create and maintain documentation for internal team processes and user-facing support articles.
- Travel may be required to support various Zoox locations.
- 6+ years of experience in an IT Support/ Helpdesk Management role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams of 10 or more, supporting 10,000+ users.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Windows 10, Ubuntu, Chrome OS, and macOS in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, or similar ticketing and documentation tools.
- Familiarity with VMware and client level virtualization software (Parallels, VirtualBox, etc.)
- Understanding Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Experience supporting AV or running live stream events.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts (VPN, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Experience supporting a manufacturing environment.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $155,000 to $225,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?