Senior Embedded Software Engineer (India)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers with an emphasis on Embedded systems. You are a self-starter and comfortable working on designs from initial architecture through production.
What you'll do
- Design and implement real-time applications on ARM processors interfacing with multiple sensors in C++
- Participate in the team's software processes, including: requirements and design documentation, test-plan generation and execution, peer design and code reviews, process feedback and improvements
- Debug complicated issues as they arise during product development
What you have
- Experience in developing C / C++ multi threaded applications, ideally for Embedded Linux targeting multiple ARM cores
- Experience in low level driver development in embedded systems
- Experience developing firmware for hardware on Embedded Linux
- Experience with one or more of the following: Microcontrollers, SoC, device drivers, hardware bringup, power management, performance optimization or hardware/software integration, RTOS
- Experience with the processor architecture
- Experience working with communication protocols like I2C, SPI, UART
- Knowledge of electronics principles, including reading schematics and using logic analyzers, oscilloscope, and other test equipment.
- Experience in performance tuning, debugging tools, tests and release management
- Experience working with high speed interfaces like ADC, MIPI, PCIE
- Experience with Xilinx, Zync, SOC family or equivalent
- Experience debugging FPGA hardware via lab equipment
- Experience with scripting languages: Python, shell scripts
- Ability to analyze datasets using Python, Matlab, or equivalent tools to identify issues and improve our core technology
- Experience in profiling and benchmarking