Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers with an emphasis on Embedded systems. You are a self-starter and comfortable working on designs from initial architecture through production.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement real-time applications on ARM processors interfacing with multiple sensors in C and C++
- Participate in the team's software processes, including requirements and design documentation, test-plan generation and execution, peer design and code reviews, process feedback, and improvements.
- Debug complicated issues as they arise during product development.
What you have:
- Experience developing C and C++ multi-threaded applications, ideally for QNX targeting multiple ARM cores.
- Experience in low-level driver development in embedded systems.
- Experience developing firmware that interfaces HW on QNX.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Microcontrollers, SoC, device drivers, hardware bring-up, power management, performance optimization or hardware/software integration, and RTOS.
- Experience with communication protocols like I2C, SPI, UART, JTAG, and MDIO.
- Fundamental knowledge of electronics principles. Compfortable reading schematics, using logic analyzers, oscilloscope, and other test equipment.
- Experience in performance tuning, debugging tools, testing, and release management.
- Experience working cross-functionally with other teams such as manufacturing, product, and systems test.
- Experience working with high-speed interfaces like ADC, MIPI, PCIE
- Experience with Xilinx, Zync SoC family, or equivalent
- Experience debugging FPGA hardware via lab equipment
- Experience with scripting languages: Python, Shell scripts
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards