Senior Manager, Laser Design
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2023
Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, and long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
Lead and grow III-V (semiconductor Lasers and Optical Amplifiers) Device Team to deliver cutting-edge solutions for next-gen lidar applications
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of engineers to transition lasers and amplifiers from development to production
- Develop engineering requirement documents for a variety of product lines to ensure devices meet required performance, yield, and cost metrics
- Lead integration of III-V devices into lidar product lines by working across teams to develop packaging and integration based on BKM
- Lead design for performance to specs, manufacturing, reliability, test – DFx methodologies
- Own definition of test strategy & oversee implementation for validation, reliability, NPI, and production
- Define lot strategy and splits to improve the performance of base designs developed in R&D
- Own the NPI and transition to high volume production of cutting edge III-V device with high yield and low cost
- Interface with cross-functional teams to drive requirements from photonics into product design
- Own & drive clear engineering requirement documentation and specifications across the teams to deliver products on schedule and within budget
What you'll have:
- 10+ years of experience leading teams to deliver lasers and/or SOAs into production
- Experience with laser and optical amplifier reliability and packaging
- Demonstrated experience with delivering cutting-edge designs into production
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including process, test, packaging, and reliability
- Can-do attitude with a goal to deliver cutting-edge solutions
- Experience with several design cycles and product launch
Nice to haves:
- Experience with silicon photonics process and test
- Experience with launching products into the automotive market
What's in it for you:
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity!
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more!
- Unlimited PTO: Take all the time you need.
- Paid lunches, ping pong tournaments, and fun team off-sites!