Senior Software Engineering Program Manager
Software Engineering, Operations
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Program Manager who has experience leading complex, technical development efforts including management of automotive software development, Embedded SW, and/or System QA. Candidates will need to have a strong understanding of automotive processes and standards with an ability to coordinate the release and delivery of multiple products to ensure company milestones stay on schedule.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with software, systems engineering teams, and vendors/contractors to drive automotive software design, development, test, and release activities
- Drive closure on technical issues and development roadblocks to ensure projects meet top-level requirements and are delivered on time
- Serve as program interface for development activities with contractors
- Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks
- Effectively communicate program risks/status regularly to key stakeholders
- Define automotive software development processes and strategies
What you'll have:
- Experience with automotive software development and safety standards such as AUTOSAR, ASPICE, and FuSA.
- Experience with system validation and QA (preferred, but not required)
- Experience in Agile software development principles
- Strong facilitation skills to lead efficient technical design requirements, status, and review meetings
- Experience shipping complex projects within an aggressive timeline
- Ability to rapidly adapt and work independently in a fast-moving startup environment
- Experience with SW project management tools such as JAMA, JIRA, and Confluence (preferred, but not required)
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity!
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more!
- Unlimited PTO: Take all the time you need.
- Paid lunches, ping pong tournaments, and fun team off-sites!