Aira’s leadership defines Aria as an assistive technology company on a mission to remove barriers and make the world more accessible to the BLV consumers. We operate 24/7/365 in three languages worldwide and provide service wherever there is an internet connection.
Our service is live, human-to-human professional assistance for people who are blind or have low vision. Using the powerful combination of a camera and the Aira app on someone’s device of choice, a professionally-trained visual interpreter (an Aira Agent) will assist by visually interpreting what is in the camera’s view or on screen, from describing to reading, from explaining to navigating – just about anything, safely and securely.
Aira is used in any industry – such as higher education, technology, retail, healthcare, transportation, and more. Our robust and growing network of partners committed to inclusion and accessibility includes airports, banks, major software companies, financial firms, retailers, and universities. With millions of calls to date, our visual interpreters empower individuals to overcome accessibility barriers every day by providing live, on-demand access to visual information.
By joining this organization, you will have a major impact on the lives of millions of people worldwide who are blind or have low vision.
Our company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Accounting manager/Controller to join our finance team. The Controller will be responsible for leading the accounting function and ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting, compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements, and effective internal controls. Integrating into to social conscious Private equity focused opportunities will greatly enhance our current small list of such equity owners at this time.
- Manage reconciliation of all accounting functions from recording and reconciling with oversight from CFO. Closing of books and month end of creating internal financial statements for review with department leaders; CEO and CFO.
- Ensures that accurate information is provided on a timely basis and assists, as needed, in facilitating the efficient conduct of external audits, examinations and related financial projects.
- Point person for payroll including transition to a new HRIS software being implemented second half 2023. This will be an immediate requirement for Q42023 into 2024. Getting all old software reporting completed and closed.
- Assisting with Forecasting and Scenario Modeling and Analytics with other Team members that track specific metrics..
- Continuously improving processes.
- Promotes good staffing practices by maximizing the utilization of human resources; forecasts and anticipates the personnel needs of the department with regard to fluctuations in the projected workload.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in pulling together all the necessary information needed to compare revenue and expenses and determine the facility’s actual financial position.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting and finance roles.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Good knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting, and internal controls.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets skills and experience with financial modeling.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and analytical ability.
- Experience with accounting software and ERP systems, such as QuickBooks, Salesforce and other Saas software preferred.
- Curious and fast learner who is capable of transitioning systems, learning new software and continuously evolving accounting and financial operations.
- Opportunity to make an impact on a mission-driven business
- Low drama, hands on culture, not impeded by process, oversight or lack of courage
- A fun, dedicated, and hard-working team who are the magic behind our award-winning company
- Competitive salary, stock options