Visual Interpreter Manager
Aira is visual interpreting.
We are an assistive technology company on a mission to remove barriers and make the world more accessible. We operate 24/7/365 in three languages worldwide and provide service wherever there is an internet connection.
Our service is live, human-to-human professional assistance for people who are blind or have low vision. Using the powerful combination of a camera and the Aira app on someone’s device of choice, a professionally-trained visual interpreter will assist by visually interpreting what is in the camera’s view or on screen, from describing to reading, from explaining to navigating – just about anything, safely and securely.
Aira is used in any industry – such as higher education, technology, retail, healthcare, transportation, and more. Our robust and growing network of partners committed to inclusion and accessibility includes airports, banks, major software companies, financial firms, retailers, and universities. With millions of calls to date, our visual interpreters empower individuals to overcome accessibility barriers every day by providing live, on-demand access to visual information.
By joining this organization, you will have a major impact on the lives of the millions of people worldwide who are blind or have low vision.
From a private workspace free of distractions VI Managers remotely manage their team. Due to the 24/7 nature of operations VI Managers are a salaried role, with the flexibility to build a schedule that meets the needs of the team while maintaining flexibility to work outside of their regular schedules.
Objectives of this role:
- Grow a successful, multi-million dollar business: drive customer satisfaction by leveraging your business acumen, efficiency and problem solving skills to develop the best team of Visual Interpreters
- Nurture talent & lead a team: engage the hearts and minds of your team and develop their skills so that they realize their personal best, both as individuals and as thriving team members
- Inspire Others: become a dynamic brand ambassador dedicated to driving and achieving results through your team
- Impact the Blind and Low Vision Community: integrate your business acumen with the community to create better experiences in peoples’ lives, from our Access partners to our Explorers, and our people.
- Develop a deep understanding of how Aira delivers value to our clients
- Communicate organizational strategy throughout the Visual Interpreting Services team
- Work broadly between teams within Service Delivery collaborating with cross functional departments such as: Recruiting, Hiring, Learning and Development, Operations and Human Resources to drive growth and results
- Participate in identifying team KPIs, creating procedures, and holding individuals accountable to meeting expectations
- Maintain personal accountability for performance as it relates to achieving or exceeding VI Manager KPI targets
- Regularly review calls and provide VIs with consistent coaching and support to achieve KPIs
- Handle call escalation professionally while demonstrating deep understanding of business processes and make recommendations to improve processes based on patterns in escalated calls
- Develop and retain top talent on the VI Services team
- Anticipate business risks as well as opportunities and develop solutions and proposals respectively to mitigate negative outcomes or exploit opportunities
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to collaborate with the Learning and Development team to continuously improve VI training
- Execute on department strategy to improve VI Services overall performance in alignment with greater company initiatives and goals
- Work in accordance with Aira’s policies and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned