Global Controller (Head of Accounting)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, November 4, 2022
At Anchorage Digital we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Global Controller will be a key member of the finance leadership team and head of the accounting function for our industry-leading, high growth institutional digital asset platform. This is an exciting opportunity to provide transformational leadership and develop a best-in-class accounting organization and control environment to support the company’s growth and evolution.
As the Global Controller you will:
- Serve as trusted advisor to the Head of Finance and other senior leaders across the company on accounting and financial reporting matters, including implications of new products and other strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with business partners across functions to understand new products and business drivers to ensure appropriate support for accounting’s priorities, including timely, accurate, and complete capture of transaction information and data flows.
- Provide operational and strategic leadership to develop, motivate, and scale a high-potential accounting team while driving efficiency & automation to support the continued growth and scale of the Company
- Drive implementation of new processes and systems to automate manual activities and increase operational efficiencies for the accounting organization.
- Drive the development and implementation of policies and controls to ensure timely and accurate monthly close and financial reporting while ensuring compliance with US GAAP and other regulatory requirements.
- Lead and oversee the issuance of the Company’s annual audited financial statements
- Manage third-party tax provider and ensure accurate and timely tax filings and payments to Federal, State and Local tax agencies
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- In-depth operational and technical accounting experience, including previous experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Recent experience leading and scaling accounting operations in a complex and high growth business with proven experience in monthly close optimization
- Transformational mindset and seek to turn complexity into simplicity through the implementation of more efficient and technology-enabled processes
- Demonstrated ability to think critically with a passion for continuous learning and development
- Strong communication skills with an ability to synthesize complex information into actionable steps.
- Experience with interpreting and applying GAAP to business transactions, including knowledge of ASC 606 and 718.
- Experience managing accounting processes for incentive stock options and have familiarity with Carta or a similar tool
- Experience with consolidations in a multiple legal entity environment
- BA/BS with concentration in Accounting, Business, Economics and/or Finance
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- Experience scaling the operations of a high growth startup through an IPO
- You’re familiar with regulatory finance and operations and have interfaced directly with the OCC or FINRA in the past
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $186,000 - $238,500/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
See more open positions at Anchorage Digital
Something looks off?