Member of Compliance, KYC (Senior Associate)
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
At Anchorage Digital we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
The Member of Compliance, KYC will play a key role in designing, enhancing, and implementing controls, policies, procedures and training as it relates to the firm’s overall KYC program in addition to recommending client onboarding and off-boarding. The Member of Compliance, KYC will also assist in leading responses to regulatory examinations, audits, and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members with diverse backgrounds who possess sound judgment, technical curiosity, and are passionate about collaboration.
As a Member of Compliance, KYC, you will:
- Perform due diligence reviews for clients onboarded for Singapore to identify issues presenting potential legal, regulatory, sanctions, or reputational risk, primarily utilizing publicly available data sources, vendor reports, and reviewing client documentation.
- Actively participate in client calls and act as a point of escalation for compliance related questions from the client and support teams.
- Assist in the ongoing remediation of existing accounts to ensure continued compliance with Know Your Customer requirements.
- Review adverse media alerts, customer risk ratings, PEP alerts, customer exception requests, and PEP declassification requests and provide advice to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Update, draft, and implement applicable KYC/Client onboarding procedures and guidelines.
- Provide training to front line staff on KYC/Client onboarding process.
- Collaborate closely with client onboarding, technology, legal, and members of the Financial Crime Compliance teams including MLRO.
- Assist with small and large scale compliance projects as required.
- Prepare monthly management reporting on KYC/CDD metrics for the MLRO and CEO.
- Manage client exception and PEP register and prepare monthly management report for the MLRO and CEO.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- A strong understanding of United States BSA/AML regulations and MAS requirements for institutional and corporate clients.
- Experience with institutional and corporate onboarding process, MAS PSA requirements, and crypto clients onboarding process.
- Strong analytical, investigative, and risk assessment skills.
- The ability to prioritize demanding workflows, detailed-oriented, and well organized.
- Experience taking ownership, working independently, and yet still being team-oriented.
- An adaptable nature in order to handle new changes and new challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if you have:
- Good understanding of MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore) regulations such as MAS 626, PSN 01/ PSN 02.
- Prior experience integrating with KYC and Case Management vendors.
- Prior experience with conducting testing and providing feedback for Customer Risk Rating models.
- Knowledge of digital assets, payments industry, and familiarity with digital payment token monitoring requirements from MAS.
- Prior tech experience/start-up experience coupled with prior experience in traditional financial services.
- You were emotionally moved by the musical Hamilton! ;)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data informed and all full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: 143,757 SGD - 165,320 SGD/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits - Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market leading benefits to our employees. In fact, we are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees in the United States, Portugal, and Singapore. You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
See more open positions at Anchorage Digital
Something looks off?