Member of Technical Staff, iOS Engineer
Software Engineering, IT
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
As the adoption of Cryptoassets expands, and the blockchain technology spreads wider, so will the product offerings expected by our clients. Being a core part of Anchorage means that you'll be working on the building blocks of our platform.
Core Experience builds foundations that other teams can use, but we also use those foundations ourselves by having a vertical integration into the system. Being part of our team means you can improve any part of our system, and you have impact across every team.
iOS at the Core experience team means that you can improve other iOS developers workflows, but also have a chance to contribute actively to foundational features.
We have created the Factors of Growth & Impact to help Villagers better measure impact and articulate coaching, feedback, and the rich and rewarding learning that happens while exploring, developing, and mastering the capabilities and contributions within and outside of the iOS Engineer role:
- Create an intuitive mobile experience that instills trust and safety!
- Review code across the entire stack and engineering organization while actively participating in product development.
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Have ownership of the codebase and space to improve it using the latest technologies.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
- Help scale the team.
Communication and Influence:
- Influence architecture/product roadmap - have a seat at the table.
You may be a fit for this role, if you:
- Have real world experience building mobile applications/UI from scratch and supporting them over a meaningful period of time.
- Genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- Prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- Self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
- Are comfortable navigating Apple’s App Store at every stage in the development/product life-cycle.
- Pay attention to the iOS ecosystem and you are not afraid of new concepts.
- Have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You know what a Secure Enclave is!
- You have built mobile applications with high-end/”luxury” customers in mind.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: €63,800+ - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.