Network Security Engineer
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
We are looking for a Network Security Engineer who can lead improving the network and cloud security across Applied Intuition. This position will work with our IT department to build and implement network infrastructure and network security controls. Additionally, this position will participate in the security event handling process.
At Applied, you will:
- Perform continuous monitoring of the company’s information security systems both on-prem and in the cloud
- Develop and implement system hardening to be deployed across the organization
- Maintain and update the organization’s Vulnerability Management Process
- Monitor and analyze security relevant logs, events, and alerts from systems, applications, SIEM, AV, Firewalls, file systems, and IPS; document relevant incidents and handle remedial actions
- Review and implement operational, hardware, and software changes that may impact security posture
- Handle upgrades, administration, and troubleshooting support for information security tooling
- Assist with the incident handling process
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor’s in computer science or related field
- Knowledge of SIEM, IPS/IDS, security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, log analysis, and forensics
- Experience with enterprise network system security
- Experience with system hardening
Nice to have:
- Experience in designing and deploying information technology and solutions in one or more of the core domains:
- Endpoint protection
- Incident Response
- Data security
- Experience with cloud or hybrid information systems
- Experience with SOC 2 or ISO27001 certification
- Experience with Fortinet products (FortiGate, FortiAnalyzer, FortiEMS, FortiAuthenticator, FortiManager)
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.
Something looks off?