Defense Product Application Engineer
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
We are looking for bright engineers interested in extending and adapting our products for Applied’s customers in the defense and national security industries. Our Defense Product Application Engineers (PAEs) have a unique mix of software expertise, knowledge of defense use cases, and an execution-driven mindset. Using these skills, our engineers work closely with autonomy developers to advance defense autonomy programs across the aerial, maritime, and ground domains. The Defense PAE will use deep technical knowledge of defense customer use cases to drive engineering and product development efforts.
At Applied, you will:
- Become an expert in using Applied’s products to meet customer use cases
- Collaborate with our sales teams and solution architects to gather requirements through detailed technical discussions and workshops
- Develop, execute, and contribute to proof of concepts, demonstrations, and product-training for customers
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience in interacting with end-customers as an application engineer or a developer
- An acute attention to detail and execution-focused mindset
- Strong communication skills and focus on solving customer problems
- Proficiency in debugging and working with Python/C++
- Experience in QA and wants to grow their customer facing and engineering skills
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
Nice to have:
- Prior background in application engineering for simulation products
- Experience working with defense OEMs or suppliers
- Prior work experience supporting vehicle/platform development efforts (air, maritime, or ground)
- Prior work experience in software simulation
- Experience working in government software development/production environments
- Experience with simulation software tooling
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.
Something looks off?