Government Content & Digital Strategist
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
We are looking for a creative and scrappy Content & Digital Strategist to join our fast-growing defense team. As a member of Applied’s growing government communications team, you will support Applied’s business development and legislative goals by driving brand awareness, executing targeted communications campaigns, and developing engaging, high-quality content for Applied’s communications channels. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop a range of public-facing content, influence communications and digital strategy, and shape the broader conversation around autonomy and national security.
At Applied, you will:
- Develop a range of written and digital communications content for Applied’s earned, owned, and paid communications channels, including blogs, social media, email, and digital ads
- Own digital communications efforts within the Government team, including social listening efforts, paid advertising strategy, and reporting
- Translate technical ideas and vocabulary into compelling content
- Operate proactively as a trusted and experienced communications expert
- Demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail and enjoy managing end-to-end communications processes to deliver timely content
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in end-to-end development of public-facing communications products (e.g., press releases, blog posts, email newsletters, social media content, etc.) in-house or at a marketing/communications agency
- 2+ years of experience executing digital marketing/communications campaigns, including familiarity with online advertising tools (LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads, Google AdWords, programmatic ads, etc.), social analytics tools (Meltwater, Brandwatch, etc.), and email tools (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Experience executing defense and national security-focused communications campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of national security issues
- Passion for building a deep understanding of the applications for autonomous systems within defense and government networks
Nice to have:
- Experience managing and tracking events - including booths and speaking engagements at external conferences, and self-hosted company events - and executing related communications campaigns
- Experience with autonomy, artificial intelligence (AI), and related technologies, and their applications to national security
- Bachelors and/or Masters in a communications, journalism, or related field
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.
Something looks off?