HIL Applications Engineer
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
We are actively looking for an experienced HIL Applications engineer to join our team and help integrate, commission and maintain real-time Hardware-In-the-Loop solutions for our customers. At Applied, we encourage our engineers to take ownership over technical and product decisions, closely interact with users to collect feedback, and contribute to a thoughtful, dynamic team culture.
At Applied, you will:
- Help integrate, test, deploy and maintain HIL solutions that involve third-party HIL hardware providers.
- Establish best practices for integrating, testing, and deploying HIL system solutions at customer locations.
- Work with HIL and XIL teams from our customers to clearly understand their HIL use cases and requirements.
- Work closely as part of Applied’s HIL team to integrate Applied’s simulators with HIL hardware and software to solve for our customers’ HIL use-cases.
- Drive execution for HIL software projects to ensure on-schedule delivery of complex HIL systems by Applied engineering services partners.
- Ensure customer success for HIL integrations at our customer’s locations as a resident engineer when necessary.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years working on HIL projects for OEMs and/or AV companies (ideally using dSPACE or NI hardware). Experienced at using ConfigurationDesk/ControlDesk/AutomationDesk tools from dSpace and/or LabView/Veristand/TestStand from NI.
- 5+ years of experience using tools for modeling plants for HIL systems related to automotive using ASM/CarSim/IPG/Simulink.
- Hands-on experience working with related industry tools and standards, such as AUTOSAR, restbus simulation, and automotive interfaces including CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet, and BroadR-Reach.
Nice to have
- Experience with ADAS development and validation using HILs.
- Prior experience building, debugging and running HIL systems with hardware from NI, dSPACE, Concurrent-RT, or Opal-RT.
- Hands-on experience with related industry tools and standards: AUTOSAR, restbus simulation, CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet, and BroadR-Reach.
- Prior experience using dSPACE/LabView/Simulink tools for real-time HIL application.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.
Something looks off?