Software Engineer - Aerospace & Maritime
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
Applied Intuition is seeking talented software engineers with experience in commercial and/or defense-related aerospace, maritime, and offroad fields. In this role, you will be helping to develop the future of simulation and infrastructure software for various autonomy programs. Your work in design, coding, integration, and certification will draw on your full suite of software experience.
At Applied, we encourage all engineers to take ownership over technical and product decisions by closely interacting with users to collect feedback. You will directly support customers in the aerospace, maritime, and offroad industry to develop the next generation of autonomous systems.
At Applied, you will:
- Lead the design and development of aerospace, maritime, or offroad simulation and infrastructure products that enable our customers to develop and test autonomy systems for aerospace, maritime, or offroad applications
- Work closely with Applied’s customers to understand their requirements and improve the product to meet their needs
- Integrate customer autonomous aircraft systems with Applied’s tools for development and verification and validation (V&V) workflows
We're looking for someone who has:
- A MSc or PhD in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, maritime engineering or related field
- Extensive knowledge in one or more topics spanning maritime systems, hydrodynamics, vehicle dynamics, fluid dynamics, environmental modeling, aerospace engineering, avionics, aerodynamics, or aircraft safety and certification
- Fluency in C++ and/or Python
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
Nice to have:
- Experience designing or working with ship dynamics models in Simulink, ROS / Gazebo, or other aerospace / maritime simulation tools
- Experience developing real-time hardware-in-the-loop solutions for aerospace or maritime simulation or validation
- Experience with environmental models for wind, waves, current, and their interaction with vehicles
- Experience delivering DO-178C-compliant artifacts along with associated requirements and design documentation
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.
Something looks off?