Senior Accounting Manager
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
As the Senior Accounting Manager, you will play a crucial role in driving our financial success by overseeing accounting operations and ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting. You will be supported by a talented existing team and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to support our rapid growth and maintain our strong financial foundation. Your deep knowledge of accounting principles and strong leadership skills will contribute to our continued success and drive our business forward.
At Applied. you will:
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial statements in month-end close processes.
- Manage the annual audit process and maintain relationships with external auditors, ensuring compliance and timely completion of audits.
- Drive our global team of contractors and vendors to accomplish payroll, AR/AP, intercompany and tax planning, and work cross-functionally with HR to ensure compliance
- Implement and maintain strong internal controls, policies, and procedures to safeguard company assets and banking operations
- Initiate process improvements and automation initiatives to increase efficiency and scalability of accounting operations.
- Stay updated on the latest accounting regulations, industry trends, and best practices, ensuring compliance and recommending necessary adjustments as needed.
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment, promoting teamwork and a strong sense of accountability.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of accounting experience (ideally 3+ at "Big Four" accounting firm or equivalent, plus in-house experience at a high growth company)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software and ERP systems e.g., Netsuite
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices, and understanding of internal controls and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in financial reporting, managing financial audits and external vendors and consultants
- Expert self-starter, with ability to drive and execute a diverse range of projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
Nice to have:
- Accounting experience at a high-growth enterprise software company
- CPA or equivalent certification
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.
Something looks off?