Technical Sales Manager
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
You will build Applied Intuition’s technical sales learning, training, and development efforts from the ground up. You will immerse yourself in Applied Intuition to learn about our business, sales processes and metrics, company goals, and culture to design, implement, and lead high-impact development and sales enablement initiatives, measure the results of those initiatives and make recommendations based on those results which will have a long-lasting impact on the company.
Applied Intuition is a deeply technical sell. To be successful, sellers need to master highly technical and complex technology concepts. The Technical Sales Manager is a featured part of the team built to strategically train our sales force from onboarding of new hires and ever-boarding continuous learning of tenured sellers. This role will drive performance through instructed learning and must be able to deftly field discussions at a business level or technical level, as appropriate.
At Applied, you will:
- Support and own the onboarding for new sellers and continuous learning of tenured sellers
- Facilitate global in-person and virtual training with domain expertise and passion
- Own the development of content that makes complex technical concepts easy to understand
- Teach, facilitate, and coach sales reps:
- How to apply knowledge of internal capabilities to become effective in uncovering new opportunities within their accounts
- How to grow their technical knowledge in areas such as simulation, development in the cloud (continuous integration and continuous development), verification and validation, and autonomous vehicle development in order to drive more effective and efficient discovery
- Train sellers to articulate the value proposition of simulation in the autonomous vehicle development cycle
- Own and support the ongoing development of the seller’s technical literacy throughout the seller’s ramp as they progress through Intermediate Sales Training and Advanced Sales Training. Applied Intuition’s solutions has broad applicability to multiple industries and use cases, therefore technical literacy in the ecosystems that Applied Intuition operates in is crucial for successful business and technical discovery
- Utilize personal stories of when they were interacting with our customers. They will need to share how customers commonly articulate their technical needs and then explain how to map what the customer is saying to how our product solves their problems better than any other. For this, they will need to develop deep customer experience and deep product knowledge
- Act as a “force multiplier.” Viewed internally as a Applied Intuition expert and champion, the Technical Sales Manager will work closely with other teams within Applied Intuition (Product Marketing, Product Development, Technical Sales, Security, Legal, etc.), and work with them as they bring new features and products to market to educate-and-train sellers on how to internalize and incorporate these respective new features/products/services into their sales process. The Technical Sales Manager will leverage their own expertise training our sellers to coach their respective business partners to build-and-deliver their own highly focused training(s) for sellers
- Provide subject matter expertise to the field through both eLearning, remote learning, and in-person sessions
- Leverage technology, tools, and AI/ML to accelerate productivity
We're looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of customer facing experience in technical sales, pre-sales, or sales role
- Experience owning enablement programs and training sellers of various levels of seniority both in-person and remotely via Zoom or similar technology
- A high degree of confidence and poise when presenting to a sales audience and executives - the ability to see the ‘big picture’ when facilitating and leading a room
- A track record of developing impactful content with a focus on knowledge retention
- Self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow through - can own and take tasks through to completion
- Interpersonal skills that enable critical networking inside the company, to create relationships and source input
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Start-up mentality: extreme focus on execution, able to move fast and excited at the prospect of working through ambiguity to build something that will have lasting impact on the company
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of their time
Nice to have:
- An understanding of the simulation and autonomous vehicle space
- Experience with Gong (or similar tools), Email automation tools, data enrichment tools
- People management experience
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.