Autonomous Vehicles Software Engineer - PhD University Graduate
About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 17 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the role
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Map autonomous customer use cases and ODD into specific system capabilities and functional requirements
- Enable design decisions on software architecture based on industry best practices in autonomous technology development
- Work with domain experts to support implementation of key components of the required system from perception through controls
- Work with customer teams to ensure that the platform under development can be deployed on target hardware
- Guide autonomous platform verification and validation strategies to ensure system quality
We're looking for someone who has:
- A PhD in robotics or a closely related field
- Experience in autonomous vehicle system design including familiarity with different technologies and tradeoffs involved in selecting options
- Experience developing and shipping AV software
- Experience using simulation tools to support AV development
Nice to have:
- Expertise in methods and tools for engineering design, verification and validation, or a similar related areas
- Deep expertise with specific modules of systems (eg. perception) to effectively contribute towards building that capability
- Experience integrating common vendors of AV technology
- Knowledge of common production considerations including middleware and performance constraints
- Exposure to hardware systems and design tradeoffs required to deploy software on customer platforms
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.