Data Infrastructure Engineer
About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 17 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the role
We are looking for talented engineers who are excited about building products that wrangle AV data to supercharge our customers. You will drive the design and development of data infrastructure across both our external products and internal tools. Handling massive volumes of data for Applied Intuition's platform needs is a critical area and we are looking for someone who can be hands-on in supporting our data products and services across the company. Being part of a fast-moving company, this position will require being an independent-thinker and ability to own projects, including development of greenfields projects end-to-end. At Applied Intuition, we encourage all engineers to take ownership over technical and product decisions, closely interact with external and internal users to collect feedback, and contribute to a thoughtful, dynamic team culture.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Develop and deploy event-driven pipelines using extract, load and transform (ELT) architecture focused on distributed ingestion
- Build features to tune processing pipeline for fast data ingestion and indexing depending on customer's needs and workloads
- Enable product workflows that expose performant query interfaces and offer easy-to-use integration hooks
- Develop and deploy high-quality software using modern tooling and frameworks
- Encourage change, especially in support of data engineering best practices, and maintain a high standard of excellence
- Work with products and teams across Applied Intuition
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience with large-scale open source data processing frameworks (Spark, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Airflow, Flink, etc.)
- Experience with containerization and other modern software development workflows
- Strong knowledge of SQL and data concepts, including experience in using a big data warehouse
- Deep knowledge of data quality, data profiling and cleansing techniques
Nice to have:
- Expertise with modern programming languages (Python, C++, GoLang, etc.)
- Experience with enterprise software, including on-prem and/or cloud environments
- Experience with either autonomy or simulation products
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.