Government Contracts Manager
About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 17 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our legal team and support our government contracts, subcontracts, and compliance efforts. This is a uniquely strategic role with a mix of both internal and external-facing responsibilities in an area of increasing importance and growth for Applied Intuition. In short, this role will make an impact. This role has two main parts: 1) using in-depth knowledge of the FAR and DFARS to manage the government contracts process, including supporting our US Government business in contract acquisition and negotiations and 2) assisting our legal team with legal, regulatory and contracts compliance.
You will report to our Head of Legal and partner cross-functionally across Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations, working closely with the Government team and legal counsel for that team.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Provide contract management support throughout the lifecycle of a program, including contract negotiation, contract performance, internal/external audits, compliance and close-out activities
- Utilize your experience to achieve company goals and mitigate risk
- Demonstrate a focus on internal and external customer service at all times by fully understanding program goals and risks, and applying this knowledge to support balanced negotiations
- Develop scalable and sustainable legal operations processes, programs and tools to support the legal team’s effective and efficient delivery of services
- Take on other duties that come up as part of a small legal team in a high growth start-up
We're looking for someone who has:
- 7-15 years of experience in U.S. Government contracting
- Ability to review solicitations, proposals, contracts, contract modifications, teaming agreements, and subcontracts to assess risk and provide solutions and recommended actions
- Excellent working knowledge of compliance regulations such as those found in the FAR, DFARS, and ITAR and their pertinence to contractual thresholds and mandatory flow-down requirements
- Experience in negotiating terms, pricing, and contract requirements in proposals to obtain contract awards
- Knowledge of contract administration, contract funding, timekeeping, representations and certifications, records retention, and reporting for the life cycle of a contract
- Ability to adjust quickly and adapt to changing priorities and to work independently as well as part of a team
Nice to have:
- An active security clearance, or the ability to obtain one, at Secret level or higher
- Experience with subcontracts management and commercial negotiations
- Contract management certifications or advanced degree
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.