Software Engineer - Agent AI
About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 17 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the role
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Design and implement platform capabilities and product workflows that provide the best simulation tools for customer teams spanning intelligent behavior planning, control, and safety engineering
- Build out foundational libraries that push our platform beyond the state of the art in terms of performance and fidelity for planning and controls development, such as scalable computational geometry or vehicle-terrain interaction models
- Work closely with in-house and customer engineers to design and build supporting toolchains for these use cases, such as system identification or resimulation of disengagement events
We're looking for someone who has:
- A passion for turning their domain expertise into tooling that boosts the productivity of teams working on various real-world applications of autonomous systems
- Experience building software components or (sub) systems that address real-world planning and control challenges
- Hands-on experience with more than one domain of relevant software framework or tools, such as middlewares, benchmarking suites, data sets, and related pipelines or algorithmic libraries
- Deep understanding of the concepts and methods behind any frameworks or libraries that they worked with
Nice to have:
- MSc or PhD in planning, control, or closely related field
- Deep hands-on expertise in relevant algorithms or methods, such as non-linear optimization, computational geometry, numerical analysis, or distributed systems
- Experience building and shipping software frameworks or tools that are used by others outside of the authors of the framework
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.