Software Engineer - Planning
About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 17 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the role
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Design and implement planning modules that can be deployed on off-road vehicles for autonomous navigation
- Leverage a priori maps and the outputs of a perception system to determine environmental costs to use in the planning system you develop
- Deploy your planning modules to production hardware and test in the field
- Collaborate with customers’ engineers and manage customer relationships
We're looking for someone who has:
- A passion for tackling challenging planning problems involving a wide array of vehicles in challenging off-road environments
- 3+ years of experience building production software using modern software practices
- Experience developing planning solutions for autonomous vehicles or other mobile robots
- Fluency in search algorithms, vehicle dynamics, and writing high-performance C++ code
- Enthusiasm for coming up with practical solutions to cutting-edge challenges in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- A MSc or PhD in computer science or applied mathematics with coursework or research experience in planning
- Experience writing software that is compliant with guidelines for safety-critical C++ code, such as MISRA and AUTOSAR
- Hands-on experience developing and testing planning algorithms in the field
- Experience working with large industrial vehicles in off-road environments
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.