Transportation Engagement Manager
About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 17 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the role
We are looking for a Transportation Engagement Manager to join our fast-growing Government/Federal Affairs team. You will drive business development, manage business operations, and identify new business opportunities in the transportation public-sector market. You will develop and execute business development strategies focused on the public-sector transportation, such as the USDOT, state DOTs, and associate transportation consultancies and prime contractors. You will find revenue opportunities with this sector, including federal discretionary grants, pilot programs, existing contracts, research, and small-business opportunities.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Develop, maintain, and build relationships with USDOT, state DOT, and relevant Congressional stakeholders, as well as partner with prime contractors
- Develop and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline in CRM
- Capture new Research and Development business in alignment with Applied Intuition's technical expertise and the Federal strategic roadmap
- This includes: tracking and planning Transportation-related relationships, managing customer relationships, visiting key actual and potential customers on a regular basis, understanding customer technical and functional requirements, and translating product requirements to the Engineering and Product teams
- Work closely with Applied Intuition external government affairs consultants and industry partners
- Coordinate, lead, and support proposal activities, including grant writing
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of USDOT, state DOT, federal government, and/or issue advocacy experience doing project management or contracting
- Familiarity with government grant-making process, including writing grant applications
- Expertise in surface transportation policy or related fields
- Ability to build consensus across cross-functional and global teams
- Ability to execute thoughtfully and efficiently, with a “no task is too big or too small” mindset to get the job done
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with experience running multiple projects and deadlines effectively
Nice to have:
- Public-sector business development experience in an automotive, transportation, or mobility company
- Engineering background, particularly related to automotive engineering or computer science
- Experience with the Google suite of tools (e.g., Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive)
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.