About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 18 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
Please note that we are an in-office company, which means the expectation is that you would come in to your Applied Intuition office 5 days a week.
About the role
We are looking for a tax manager to lead our tax strategy and compliance efforts. You will play a critical role in shaping our tax strategy, ensuring compliance with tax regulations, and optimizing our tax position as we continue to grow domestically and internationally. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with deep expertise in tax planning, compliance, and reporting, coupled with strong leadership and communication skills working alongside our tax advisory firm.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Develop and implement tax strategies aligned with the company's business objectives, considering both domestic and international tax implications
- Ensure compliance with all tax laws and regulations, including but not limited to income tax, sales tax, VAT/GST, and transfer pricing requirements
- Oversee the preparation and filing of all tax returns and related documentation, and oversee preparation of the annual tax provisions to be included in the company's audited financial statements
- Identify opportunities for tax optimization, including credits, deductions, incentives, and structuring transactions to minimize tax liabilities
- Manage transfer pricing policies and documentation to ensure compliance with regulations and alignment with business operations
- Provide expertise on international tax matters, including cross-border transactions, foreign subsidiaries, and transfer pricing
- Serve as the primary point of contact for tax authorities, manage tax audits, inquiries, and disputes, and work to resolve issues effectively
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, legal, and sales to provide tax guidance and support for various initiatives
- Keep abreast of changes in tax laws, regulations, and accounting standards that may impact the company, and proactively advise management on potential implications
- Continuously evaluate and enhance tax processes, systems, and controls to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and compliance
We're looking for someone who has:
- Desire to build expertise across key tax strategies with pride in quality and compliance
- 5+ years of progressive experience in tax roles, including experience with a public accounting firm and/or in-house tax department
- Strong technical knowledge of tax laws and regulations, with expertise in domestic and international taxation
- Proficiency in tax software and ERP systems; experience with NetSuite and tax automation tools is a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, with the ability to think strategically and drive results
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate complex tax matters to non-tax stakeholders
- Proven to be detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and compliance
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and adapt to evolving priorities and challenges
Nice to have:
- Experience with enterprise software companies
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.