Security Compliance Manager
Our Mission and Vision
Aptible’s mission is to empower every developer to focus on their ideas, not their infrastructure. We aim to fundamentally transform how software developers interact with the cloud.
We believe that the next 10 years of cloud and software development will look markedly different than the last 10 years. The historical focus has been on the mass lift-and-shift of old data center workloads into the cloud. The future focus will be on building higher level abstractions that allow developers to focus on application code without worrying about the underlying infrastructure.
As of yet, no fullstack platform-as-a-service (PaaS) is both great to start and great to scale. That's our opportunity: Aptible has already shown it's great to scale with, and in 2023, our priority will be making it great to start with. By doing so, we believe we will provide a compelling alternative, not just to other PaaS solutions, but also to infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), for product-focused developers.
The macroeconomic environment has never been more conducive to PaaS: The increasing complexity of IaaS, slowing growth of engineering team sizes, and lack of investment in and poor strategic decisions by the incumbent PaaS platform (Heroku) all foreshadow the need for a new PaaS that's both great to start with and great to scale with, for every developer and every team.
Our Platform and Roadmap
Aptible has been developing its PaaS since 2013. To date, most of the focus has been on ensuring the platform was great to scale with for the hundreds of companies and thousands of developers who rely on it for production workloads.
Now, we’re investing both in making Aptible easier to get started with and supporting increasingly sophisticated use cases while more efficiently managing resources and costs. We’re already a good part of the way towards our "great to start" mission: Aptible Managed Databases provision in 97 seconds as compared to 15 minutes for RDS; Aptible Apps provision in less than 90 seconds as compared to 3-5 minutes for ECS. We think we can optimize both further.
Currently, our platform today supports over 40,000 daily events like deployments and resource provisioning against the over 50,000 containers that run apps and databases for our customers. We expect these numbers to rapidly grow in 2023, as we invest in acquiring new customers faster through improvements to our product-led growth strategies.
We're a small team of engineers—and gamers, musicians, runners, bakers, outdoor enthusiasts, coffee connoisseurs, and more.
We've been a globally distributed team since 2013, and have always focused on our company culture, probably more than most any other team of our size.
As Aptible has grown, we've learned how to empower each team member to make an outsized impact. Employees have highlighted the team's “thoughtfulness, energy, and grit” and Aptible's focus on “always looking for ways to improve.”
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We’re looking for a Security Compliance Manager to ensure that we continue to maintain our best-in-class security program.
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team. As our first Security Compliance Manager, your mission will be to take our existing, mature security and compliance program to the next level. Working closely with Engineering and Ops, you’ll redefine policies and processes to address the needs of our growing product and team.
- You’ll direct external audits (e.g. SOC 2, HITRUST).
- You’ll design, implement, and iterate on all procedures related to security compliance, including: Employee Onboarding and Offboarding, Access Reviews, Risk Management, Workforce Security and Compliance Training.
- You’ll own communications with internal and external stakeholders on security compliance.
- You’ll report on existing and recommend new security compliance metrics.
- You’ll maintain up-to-date knowledge of Aptible’s product, environment, systems, and architecture.
You Should Apply If (Must-Haves):
- You have 3-5+ Years of experience building, maintaining, and improving compliance programs.
- You have experience driving security for companies at a similar size and scale, and understand of how to build for the next stage of our growth.
- You have detailed knowledge of common information security management frameworks, regulatory requirements, and applicable standards, such as ISO 27001, HITRUST and SOC 2.
- You have detailed knowledge of audit methodologies and standard deliverables.
- You have detailed understanding of how compliance works with cloud-native technology stacks.
You Shouldn’t Apply If:
- Your knowledge is limited to SOC 2 or a single framework (e.g. ISO 27001).
- You have fixed opinions about tooling or approach.
Our Compensation Philosophy
We believe that having a transparent and highly competitive compensation philosophy is the only way we'll be able to attract great team members and retain them. Aptible aligns 100% of our employees' total compensation with the 90th Percentile for the role. We provide the data so you can see exactly how we determined your compensation, and we automatically keep your compensation up-to-date as the market changes.
The Total On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for this position is $120,000-150,000 USD. Within this range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related qualifications and experience.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open PTO Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Learning & Development Stipend: We offer an annual stipend of $3,000 USD to use towards experiences that improve you professionally and inform your work at Aptible.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps. Please note that this may vary by role, and details will be provided to you early on in the process.
- Introduction to Aptible with the Hiring Manager
- 2-3 Skills-Based Interviews with Aptible Team Members
- Take-Home Project (You will be compensated for completing this.)
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your Recruiting Coordinator or Hiring Manager know.