Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager
Our Mission and Vision
At Aptible, we envision a world where developers achieve more with less infrastructure. We’re building the platform that empowers developers at companies of all stages of development to move beyond the traditional method of managing infrastructure—DIY with expert infrastructure and platform engineers on AWS, GCP, or Azure. We’ve done this through our secure, compliant, reliable, and scalable Platform as a Service that’s been used by thousand of developers, hundreds of companies, and dozens of publicly traded/unicorn companies since 2013.
As we move forward, we’re doubling down on making it easy to get started with Aptible for even seed stage companies while also increasing support for advanced or bespoke use cases that enterprises require.
Since 2013, Aptible’s platform has grown to support a large infrastructure footprint. Our platform predates Kubernetes. A glimpse into how Aptible works:
- Aptible supports over 40,000 daily infrastructure events across our customer base, from deployments to resource provisioning.
- 50,000 active app and database containers across hundreds of customers, kept online with a 99.95% SLA.
- Aptible Managed Databases launch in just 97 seconds, outpacing AWS RDS's 15 minutes.
- Aptible Apps are up and running in under 90 seconds, faster than AWS ECS's 3-5 minutes.
Aptible describes its commitment to remote work as 'Remote Forever,' because we’ve been remote since we were founded in 2013. We've always invested heavily in company culture, perhaps more so than any team of our size. Our culture and values emphasize finding and retaining team members who exhibit our Traits, Commitment, Resilience, Engagement, Accountability, Transparency, and Empathy (CREATE for short). Employees often highlight our team's "thoughtfulness, energy, and grit" and our relentless pursuit of improvement. Discover more about our culture in Aptible's Culture Hub.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. For example, throughout the interview process, you will meet a variety of interviewers from various backgrounds, functions, and genders in order to have a fair and balanced process. We encourage you to ask us questions about opportunities for growth at Aptible and hear stories of how each team member is supported in their role.
We encourage people from marginalized and underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
About This Role
We’re looking for a creative, prolific Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager to drive product launches and enable the GTM Team at Aptible.
First 3 Months
- Working closely with our COO, you’ll inherit and take ownership of our foundational product marketing content (e.g. product messaging house, persona docs, etc.) and expand them with buyer journey mapping, sales training and collateral, and anything else you think we’ll need. You’ll iterate on these as we learn more from customer/prospect calls or launch new features from our roadmap.
- While laying the product marketing foundations, you’ll become the hands on driver for writing and iterating on marketing messaging, quickly implementing new ideas for website improvements, landing pages, feature pages, and ensuring our website is constantly improving.
- Working with our Head of Product, you’ll inherit our product launch process, including changelog updates, customer/prospect emails, docs updates, and other public announcements.
- You’ll create product collateral we need across customer case studies, sales conversations, email copy, conferences materials, social posts — everything an early, ambitious product needs.
First 6 Months
- You’ll lead on pricing research and iteration.
- You’ll lead on competitive research.
- You’ll help train our entire team on product, customers, competitors, and market.
- You’ll lead on sales enablement, helping to figure out how we establish a repeatable sales process.
First 12-18 Months
- You’ll help grow the Marketing and Sales Teams, as needed, to accelerate product content creation and scale acquisition.
You Should Apply If (Must-Haves):
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Technical Product Marketer, ideally in the PaaS / Developer Tools space.
- You have a strong portfolio of technical product marketing content, targeted to engineers and engineering leaders, ideally across mediums (e.g. both written and video). This would include websites heroes and homepages, product pages, pricing pages, and customer content.
- You have experience interviewing and distilling both product and marketing learnings from customers.
- You have strong opinions about the right and wrong ways to do technical product marketing for developers, and experience successfully implementing these strategies. You almost definitely have followed thought leaders (and either love or disagree with them) such as April Dunford, Martina Lauchengco, or the team at Fletch PMM (for examples). Despite your strong opinions, you figure out how to take what you know works best and adapt it to the needs of your team/product and the views of the product and engineering teams you are working with.
- You have deployed software to the cloud before, and can use PaaS tools like Heroku (or Aptible) to do so to better understand the product, the customer experience, and to create technical content about the product.
You Should Apply If (Nice-to-Haves):
- You have experience as a Software Engineer.
- You have been the first Technical Product Marketer for a technical product focused on market expansion.
- You can create designs for website pages, sales collateral, sales decks, etc. based on existing design kits.
Compensation at Aptible
The projected salary range for this position is $166,100 - $217,000. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all U.S. locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by a range of factors, including but not limited to job-related competencies, experience, and knowledge. The projected salary range is just one component of Aptible’s total compensation package for employees.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open PTO Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Learning & Development Stipend: We offer an annual stipend of $3,000 USD to use towards experiences that improve you professionally and inform your work at Aptible.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps. Please note that this may vary by role, and details will be provided to you early on in the process.
- Introduction to Aptible with the Hiring Manager
- 2-3 Skills-Based Interviews with Aptible Team Members
- Take-Home Project (You will be compensated for completing this.)
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your Recruiting Coordinator or Hiring Manager know.