VP/Head of Finance
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
Armada, an edge computing pioneer redefining the future of connectivity, compute, and AI, is redefining the boundaries of edge computing. With a team of the brightest minds in technology and an unwavering passion for innovation, we are pioneering solutions that stand to change industries across the globe. We believe in the transformative power of edge computing and its potential to create a seamlessly connected future. Our commitment is to lead this change, and to embark on a journey to deliver unparalleled solutions for industries worldwide.
We are dedicated to fostering a workplace culture that values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB). To ensure fairness and transparency, the starting base salary range for this role for candidates in the U.S. are listed below, varying based on location experience, skills, and qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will also be offered equity and subsidized benefits (details available upon request).
The Head of Finance will play a pivotal part in our organization’s success, reporting directly to our Chief Operating Officer, and will be responsible for
- Translating Armada’s strategy and vision into an operational plan with clear investments, milestones, and objectives to drive execution and progress.
- Coordinating budgeting and forecasting across the company, in close partnership with the Executive Team.
- Establishing the systems and processes that enable Armada’s to efficiently scale.
- Working closely with revenue operations on GTM structure, commission plans, pipeline and capacity plans, analytics, pricing and packaging, and supporting infrastructure
- Maintaining accurate and compliant financials, appropriate for a Series A company
- Managing Armada’s overall treasury function, including banking and potential financing relationships
- Establishing and maintaining a cadence of reporting internally and to certain investors
- Building a team of finance and accounting professionals to support the growth of Armada
- 12+ years of total experience
- Head of Finance or Senior Director level experience in a high-growth technology business
- Track record of effectively navigating opportunities, headwinds, and strategic shifts that are common in an early-stage business
- Substantial experience in B2B Software or Systems companies
- Strong accounting or FP&A background (not necessarily CPA) required to close and maintain monthly financials with the help of a third-party or part-time accountant
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and Rippling is a plus
- Keen strategic financial planning and analytics skill
- Experience raising financing from and managing venture capital investors is a plus
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- High integrity and transparency.
- Clear and direct communication skills.
- An ability to effectively collaborate with peers and senior leadership.
- Strong people skills, including being a good listener, positive, fair, and reasoned.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong judgement.
- Ability to distill complex tradeoffs and constraints into simple objectives, and communicate them effectively to peers, leadership and subordinates.
- Preference for working in a high-paced and dynamic environment.
- Player / Coach mentality with ability to perform monthly closes, cash reconciliation, payroll administration, etc., while the team remains lean.