United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Armada is an edge computing startup that provides computing infrastructure to remote areas where connectivity and cloud infrastructure is limited, as well as areas where data needs to be processed locally for real-time analytics and AI at the edge. We’re looking to bring on the most brilliant minds to help further our mission of bridging the digital divide with advanced technology infrastructure that can be rapidly deployed anywhere.
We are dedicated to fostering a workplace culture that values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB). To ensure fairness and transparency, the starting base salary range for this role for candidates in the U.S. are listed below, varying based on location experience, skills, and qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will also be offered equity and subsidized benefits (details available upon request).
About the job
Who we are
Armada, an edge computing pioneer redefining the future of connectivity, compute, and AI, is redefining the boundaries of edge computing. With a team of the brightest minds in technology and an unwavering passion for innovation, we are pioneering solutions that stand to change industries across the globe. We believe in the transformative power of edge computing and its potential to create a seamlessly connected future. Our commitment is to lead this change, and to embark on a journey to deliver unparalleled solutions for industries worldwide.
About the role
The role of Legal Counsel will play a pivotal part in our organization’s success, reporting directly to our Head of Legal & Administration and will be responsible for:
- Drafting inbound and outbound agreements, including master subscription agreements, reseller/partner agreements, DPAs, and other types of commercial and privacy agreements with a broad range of customers including commercial customers as well as government agencies.
- Participating in and leading complex technology transactions and developing negotiation strategies, communicating escalation points to leadership in a manner that advances negotiations, creates clarity, utilizes insights, and advances closure of open issues.
- Providing overall management and oversight of legal support to transactions (inbound and outbound), including establishing policies and procedures to facilitate growth and scale.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of appropriate policies and public sector compliance programs to facilitate entry into public sector markets.
- Keeping informed on applicable laws, government regulations, and industry guidance that impact edge computing and artificial intelligence providers.
- Partnering with revenue, sales, technology, and compliance teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal Armada policies, processes, product capabilities, and compliance requirements.
- Building critical relationships with key stakeholders to effectively provide practical legal and strategic advice to assist the business in meeting its objectives.
- Utilizing outside counsel effectively and guiding escalations to appropriate senior leaders in order to take smart and well-informed risks to meet company and customer needs.
- Supporting business teams in identifying and mitigating legal and compliance risks.
- Supporting the review, revision, and approval of field readiness resources, sales guidance, and other sales enablement content.
- 6+ years of total experience supporting commercial transactions
- 3+ years of in-house experience in B2B Software or Systems companies, with a demonstrated track record of leadership, efficiency, and collaborating with sales and internal stakeholders to successfully close deals on critical timelines
- Track record of effectively navigating opportunities, headwinds, and strategic shifts that are common in an early-stage business
- Operate independently with minimal oversight on complex deal negotiations
- Prior public sector experience is a plus
- International experience is a plus (LatAm, Middle East)
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Clear and direct communication skills.
- An ability to effectively collaborate with peers and senior leadership.
- Strong people skills, including being a good listener, positive, fair, and reasoned.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong judgement.
- Ability to distill complex tradeoffs and constraints into simple objectives, and communicate them effectively to peers and leadership.
- Preference for working in a high-paced and dynamic environment.
- High integrity and transparency.
This role is remote work eligible.
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Our Company makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.