Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Armada is an edge computing startup that provides computing infrastructure to remote areas where connectivity and cloud infrastructure is limited, as well as areas where data needs to be processed locally for real-time analytics and AI at the edge. We’re looking to bring on the most brilliant minds to help further our mission of bridging the digital divide with advanced technology infrastructure that can be rapidly deployed anywhere.
We are dedicated to fostering a workplace culture that values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB). To ensure fairness and transparency, the starting base salary range for this role for candidates in the U.S. are listed below, varying based on location experience, skills, and qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will also be offered equity and subsidized benefits (details available upon request).
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join our team as an individual contributor. This role is ideal for a professional who is adept at managing complex accounting tasks, focusing on billing compliance, and overseeing expense management.
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Analyze financial reports and provide insights to management for decision-making.
- Ensure that all billing processes adhere to legal and organizational standards.
- Implement and maintain billing systems to maximize efficiency and accuracy.
- Conduct regular audits of billing procedures to identify and rectify discrepancies.
- Manage and oversee the organization's expense management systems and policies.
- Review and approve expense reports, ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvements in expense management.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for management.
- Maintain comprehensive records of all financial transactions and supporting documentation.
- Liaise with external auditors and assist with annual audits.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure financial transparency and accuracy across the organization.
- Provide financial expertise and support to team members and management.
- Stay updated on industry trends and changes in regulations that may impact financial processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting, with a focus on billing compliance and expense management.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities, with a focus on ethical conduct and integrity.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. We make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.