Proposal Writer - Public Sector
Marketing & Communications
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Armada is an edge computing startup that provides computing infrastructure to remote areas where connectivity and cloud infrastructure is limited, as well as areas where data needs to be processed locally for real-time analytics and AI at the edge. We’re looking to bring on the most brilliant minds to help further our mission of bridging the digital divide with advanced technology infrastructure that can be rapidly deployed anywhere.
We are dedicated to fostering a workplace culture that values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB). To ensure fairness and transparency, the starting base salary range for this role for candidates in the U.S. are listed below, varying based on location experience, skills, and qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will also be offered equity and subsidized benefits (details available upon request).
About the role
- Own the end-to-end proposal process in support of Armada’s public sector sales team, starting with proposal qualification via collaboration with Armada’s technical leadership, to proposal development/writing, to proposal submissions.
- Respond to RFQs, RFPs, and RFIs for federal, state, local, and public education customers.
- Research and identify research and development programs (such as SBIRs) and organize them into a spreadsheet to help federal sales team track R&D opportunities by service branch.
- Conduct competitive analysis to understand prospective customer requirements and be able to demonstrate Armada’s competitive advantages.
- Conduct proposal kickoff meetings and work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to obtain answers to technical and security questions to ensure accurate, compliant, and timely RFP responses.
- Respond to prospect and customer technical and security questionnaires.
- Create and maintain a database for proposal content to scale proposal response process.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant technical, writing, or professional field of study.
- 5+ years of experience with technical writing and proposals including reading and analyzing requests for information (RFIs), requests for proposal (RFPs), and requests for quotation (RFQs).
- 2+ years of U.S. federal, state, and local government proposal experience.
- Prior experience working for a technology company or supporting proposals for technology products and services.
- Experience working on proposals for the defense and intelligence community preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and communicate technical information to customers in a way that leads to winning proposals.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines to ensure timely submission of multiple proposals simultaneously.
- Proactive, with a high attention to detail, and exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and business acumen with a passion for solving client challenges.
- Ability to work with executives and senior leadership.