Supply Chain Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing EEE procurement activities across the company and implementing efficient sourcing strategies to optimize supply chain operations.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for various product categories, services, and materials to meet company needs, reduce cost, and ensure supply continuity.
- Identify, evaluate, and select suppliers based on their capabilities, quality, pricing, and delivery performance.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers to ensure favorable terms and conditions for the company.
- Monitor supplier performance and establish reporting mechanisms to track and communicate supplier performance metrics.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as operations, engineering, and quality teams, to analyze their purchasing requirements and provide recommendations on potential supplier options.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of market conditions and trends to stay informed of potential suppliers, products, and services that could benefit the company.
- Implement cost-saving initiatives and process improvements to enhance the efficiency of the procurement function.
- Foster strong relationships with suppliers to build trust, improve communication, and facilitate collaboration on future initiatives.
- Monitor supplier compliance with contractual agreements, company policies, and industry regulations.
- Conduct regular supplier risk assessments and implement mitigation strategies as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or a similar discipline (comparable experience).
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience in procurement, manufacturing, or related supply chain disciplines
- Strong negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, and experience with sourcing and procurement software
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of industry best practices, laws, and regulations related to procurement and sourcing activities
- Willingness to continuously learn and adapt to changing industry trends and market conditions
- US Citizenship or Green Card (Note: This is due to U.S. export regulations, and we are unable to make exceptions.)
- Experience with hardware electronics manufacturing
- Experience with enterprise resource planning and inventory / asset management systems
- Ability to read technical drawings and data sheets
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.
What we offer:
What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis's total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are informed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.