Power Electronics Engineer
Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
- Lead the design of kW-level power systems for our satellites
- Manage and control key components such as solar panel arrays, power regulation and distribution, and high-density batteries
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Strong knowledge and experience with Altium or similar PCB design software
- Experience in designing, building, and testing analog and digital circuits
- Experience with kW level power electronics and galvanic isolation
- Experience with PCB thermal considerations
- Experience with magnetics in power electronics
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Experience with designing for fault tolerance, especially to withstand a radiation environment
- Experience with photovoltaics and MPPTs
- Experience with Li-ion batteries and management systems
- Experience with power distribution networks for high frequency applications
- Familiarity with embedded programming
- Electromechanical design experience
- EMI/EMC experience
What we offer: