Senior Full Stack Engineer
Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
Senior Full Stack Engineer
As a Senior Full Stack Developer focused on Ground Software, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the components and systems that will enable us to safely and reliably operate the spacecraft from the ground. The tools you build will be used by satellite operators to fly the spacecraft!
This role will contribute to both commercial and US Government programs.
- Lead the design, build, and implementation of new UI capabilities for Astranis satellite operations
- Work closely with our operations and satellite teams to build command interfaces and telemetry screens that enable safe, efficient, and elegant command and control of our satellite throughout its mission
- Design high-performance, reliable, mission-critical software that sends commands to space!
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to define software requirements, architectures, and designs
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- 6+ years of experience as a full stack developer or contributing to professional web development projects
- Experience working with relational/SQL databases (e.g. Postgres)
- Comfortable rapidly prototyping and fully developing user interface concepts with focus on overall user experience
- Comfortable diving into all layers to implement both front-end and back-end components of new features
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Experience with Cloud development using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Design Systems
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in satellites operations software
What we offer: