Senior Flight Software Engineer
Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
|Senior Flight Software Engineer
- Develop Software for the Flight Computer on our Satellites
- Develop Firmware for control boards on the satellite
- Improve and deliver reliable software through requirements generation, continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- Collaborate with multiple teams (avionics, Ground Control, Telemetry)
- Develop software in C++ to interface with Flight computer and interface with the custom hardware on the vehicle
- Deliver complex projects through incremental development
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5-8+ years of experience developing software for products in modern C++ and Python
- Familiarity with Software Development Methodologies and Design Patterns
- Experience with working on Communication Protocols (TCP/IP, I2C, SPI)
- Good Communication and Written Skills
- Passionate about Space Technology
- Experience with Building High Availability/High Reliability systems.
- Experience with embedded Linux / POSIX systems
- Experience developing on and for VxWorks, Linux, FreeRTOS, or QNX Environments
- Demonstrated experience building, testing, and shipping production software
- Experience with safety critical development (FDA, FAA, Automotive)
- Experience Board Bringup, debugging / Integration of Hardware Software
What we offer: