Senior IT Support Specialist (m/f/d)
Abiomed is an innovative medical device business with an inspiring mission "Patients First," and a unique guiding company principle " Recovering hearts. Saving lives." With more than 2,000 employees, Abiomed is one of the fastest growing medical technology businesses in the world with corporate headquarters in Danvers, USA, and locations in Aachen and Berlin, Germany, Tokyo, Japan, and Singapore. Abiomed is part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech.
Abiomed is an employer with attractive working conditions and an appreciative corporate culture that focuses on the needs of its employees. Abiomed inspires and retains exceptional talent through collaboration, passion and continuous development.
The IT Senior Support Specialist provides technical leadership for end user technologies across our global enterprise. Provides Tier 3 support for incidents submitted to the internal help desk and mentors’ other members of the support team. Drives technology decisions for end user device and owns platform direction and support.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provides support for incidents not able to be resolved by the help desk team.
- Mentors help desk team to raise overall knowledge and competency.
- Drives creation and use of technical documentation.
- Drive process improvements to streamline operations
- Evaluates technology solutions to meet organizational needs for end user computing
- Partners with engineering and security team to ensure organizational alignment
- Owns technical partnership with vendors and other technology solution providers
- Minimum of 5 years of working in an IT support function with increasing levels of technical responsibility
- Technical leadership experience with mentorship experience preferred
- Knowledge of common information security support frameworks (ITSL)
- Demonstrated ability to craft procedures and drive adoption
- Experience in the following technology stacks: SSO (Okta), Device Config Management (SCCM), MDM (Workspace One, Jamf), Microsoft Technology (PowerShell, Azure, O365, Server 2012-2022, Exchange)
- Ability to work on-site in corporate office; consistent punctuality required
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision
- Occasional domestic & international travel & On-Call Rotation Required
- Basic knowledge in Networking support (TCP/IP troubleshooting).
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical end users.
- Must be fluent in German & English, both written and verbal
Beneficial Certifications / Trainings / Knowledge:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Pleasant, open corporate culture with a strong mission: "Recovering Hearts, Saving Lives"
- Comprehensive induction program with structured onboarding plan throughout the orientation phase
- Company pension allowance of up to 1,500 euros per year and capital-forming benefits
- Benefit packages for occupational disability insurance and company group accident insurance
- Full cost coverage for a job ticket in the Aachen or Berlin area
- Various health programs and a leasing option for a job bike
ABIOMED is an equal opportunity employer. We support equal opportunities for our employees regardless of ethnic origin, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or nationality.