Technical Trainer - Service
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Service Technical Trainer, Service Center to be located in Santa Clara, Ca.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
We are looking for a hard-working Technical Trainer who is responsible for the service technical certification training program. The technical trainer is responsible for crafting, planning, preparing, conducting, delivering and evaluating classes for maintenance, repair, upgrades, new product releases, and clinical use of robotic devices. You must possess solid technical proficiency and be an excellent communicator, able to explain sophisticated subjects in a clear, simplified, understandable, and interesting way. You will be responsible for coordinating employee training needs with managers, product support engineering, and R&D to identify training needs and map out development plans for teams and individuals.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, plan, prepare, course training materials (course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids)
- Conduct training through classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other computer-aided instructional technologies
- Assess training needs and certification requirements
- Design of computer-based and multimedia curriculum
- Assess the skill level and training gaps of employees
- Host train-the-trainer sessions with internal subject matter experts
- Manage and maintain service training facilities, equipment, and supplies
- Maintains safe and balanced training environment by following organization standards and legal regulations
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering desired or equivalent combination of training and experience with capital equipment
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience as a Technical Trainer or similar role
- Experienced knowledge in MS Office
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and wiring schematics.
- Understand and apply GDP principles
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to explain technical terms using simple language
- Strong analytical skills to assess the level of experience of trainees, identify areas where training should be expanded, and determine effectiveness of existing training program.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments and to put together training materials in a logical order so that students can follow the information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for preparing training materials, and to lead training programs.
- Problem-solving skills to determine how to address training gaps or areas where training programs can be improved.
- Ability to collaborate on training content within a cross-functional array of service, mechanical, electrical, system, and software engineers
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Service Technical Training experience in medical device, healthcare, and/or robotics experience
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation to implement and complete full training cycles (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Additional certification in training such as CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer)
- Experience in developing technical course content through use of web-based learning platforms, modern training techniques, and tools in technical subjects
- Hands-on experience with electromechanical or robotic systems
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- MS in Engineering Electrical or Software Engineering
The anticipated base pay range for this position is: $83,800 to $134,895
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.