Field Market Access Manager (m/f/d) Switzerland and Austria
Abiomed is an innovative medical device company with an inspiring mission "Patients first." and a unique guiding company principle "Regenerating hearts. Saving lives." With 1,800 employees, Abiomed is one of the fastest growing medical technology companies in the world with corporate headquarters in Danvers, USA and locations in Aachen and Berlin, Germany, Tokyo, Japan and Singapore.
Abiomed is an employer with attractive working conditions and an appreciative corporate culture that focuses on the needs of its employees. Abiomed inspires and retains exceptional talent through collaboration, passion and continuous development.
The Reimbursement and Market Access Manager, CHAT (Switzeland and Austria) is responsible for the continual development of Reimbursement and Market Access programs, and their implementation across the region. Their work supports the creation of an economic environment under which all patients that can benefit from Abiomed’s products, services and solutions have access to them.
They are directly responsible for economic programs in Switzerland (CH) and Austria (AT). It collaborates closely with the Assoc. Director Reimbursement and Market Access EMEA & APAC to define and adapt the economic value proposition across various economic stakeholders (Hospital Administations, Cantonal (CH) and Federal Country (AT) Authorities, Insurance Companies (CH)). They are also closely aligned with the Field Market Access team in Germany (DE) especially with regards to coding initiatives and suggested pricing (as applicable).
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working directly with hospital administration to evaluate reimbursement structures and overall financial environment relating to Impella, High Risk PCI, LVAD or other heart supportive technologies
- Evaluate & monitor clinical guidance, insurance company policies, cantonal (CH) and regional country (AT) coverage and hospital activity planning to identify business opportunities & support business development programs
- Work directly with local-, regional-, and national- level services to address hospital reimbursement barriers including rates and local coverage decisions
- Supporting customers with budgeting, activity planning and similar negotiating processes
- Develop effective communication materials that clearly explain reimbursement procedures and options to customers and the Abiomed Internal team
- Support sales and clinical teams with reimbursement questions and issues in addition to training programs
- Partner and collaborate with Medical Office, Marketing as well as local Clinical and Sales teams and analyze claims data data to create reports & business intelligence
- In partnership with the Assoc. Director Reimbursement and Market Access EMEA & APAC, partner on the design of clinical research, retrospective analyses and economic data collection - especially for the CHAT region
- Representation of Abiomed in economic fora within CHAT and to the extent allowed from exiting JnJ represtnation
- As needed participation in scientific conferences, congresses, and trade fairs as well as European and Global Meetings
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in related field with 3-5 years of relevant work experience within the healthcare industry (with medical device experience preferred)
- Proven expertise working with hospital administrators and payers across CHAT; preferably ability to demonstrate strong results with interventional cardiology and/or cardiac surgery product lines.
- Mastery of Diagnostic and Procedural coding in CHAT. Strong understanding of hospital funding in CHAT and overall financial flowes. Where applicable, strong understanding of physician outpatient payment and reimbursement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills required
- Demonstrated problem-solving, critical thinking skills and commercial attitude
- Experience in adapting health economics models and arguments
- Ability to communicate and relate well with key opinion leaders and clinical personnel in German and English (French and Italian a plus)
- Experience working in a medical device or regulated industry preferred
- Ability to travel up to 60% required
- Excellent customer orientation with strong communication & organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively with self-motivated attitude
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Strong team player and communicator who work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated excellence of design thinking and keen observational skills
- Willing to learn and explore new approaches
- Sound MS Office knowledge
ABIOMED is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or national origin.