Development Assessment Leader
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for Development Assessment Leader. The preferred location for this role is New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.6 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This role will help activate the skills strategy and enable skills-based talent management. Specifically, the Skills & Assessment leader will bring the strategy to life in how we define, measure and use for development, workforce planning, and talent management decision making. This leader will partner closely with the enterprise-wide Learning team, business-specific Learning teams, Business HR, and other talent teams.
This role will report to the Head of Assessment & People Practices.
- Shape and implement our global assessment strategy ensuring approaches to talent identification are inclusive and accessible across and outside of the organization, leading to a more diverse and agile workforce
- Provide regional consulting on development assessment solutions to meet business challenges
- Propose and conduct agile experiments and evaluations of new assessment ideas to test and find effective innovative solutions and practices that improve organization capabilities, individual and team performance and contribute to our diversity, equity, and inclusion goals
- Collaborate with leaders in Learning, Global Talent Management, and Business Unit HR in helping to meet business needs through development assessment.
- Influence across the organization to ensure best practices in development assessment and the use of assessment data
- Maintain knowledge, network, and expertise in internal/ external best practices in talent assessment methodologies for development, talent management, and assessment.
- Conduct research to analyze the effectiveness of current assessment practices to present internally and externally
- Master's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field, PhD preferred
Experience and Skills:
- Analytic skill, the ability to derive insights and storytell with data
- Experience evaluating, rolling out, and communicating assessments
- Experience conducting assessment validation studies and analyses
- Strong business approach and experience in navigating complex, broad global business structures
- Expertise the assessment space including a knowledge of psychometrics and global regulations
- 5 years work experience in the Assessment and/or Talent Management space
- Given this is a global role, some travel may be needed
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.]
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The base pay range for this position is $97,000- $166,750
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits