R&D Intern/Co-Op (Undergraduate)
At DePuy Synthes Mitek we are inspired by the opportunity to work together to advance patient care and keep people moving. We are leading the way in minimally invasive solutions used in the treatment of joint injuries related to sports and physical activity, as well as degenerative tissue conditions. As a global leader in orthopedic sports medicine, we are committed to getting patients back to their passion, while we look to advance procedural solutions in sports medicine and soft tissue repair. Are you ready to reimagine the treatment in the medical device space?
As a co-op in the Mitek R&D department, opportunities exist to work on solutions such as electro-mechanical systems and their respective components (tubing, powered blades and burrs, powered hand pieces, etc.). You will be provided training curriculum including on the job, virtual, and in classroom.
The incumbent will be encouraged to lead portions of the projects driving product development and value creation initiatives that contribute to continued success of the Mitek portfolio. You will also be assigned mentor to provide support throughout the program.
The position offers a unique opportunity to work independently and experience the end to end process of product development. There is strong emphasis on providing an outstanding experience within orthopaedic medical device development.
This position will be conducted virtually with some in-person for the duration.
- Self-motivated with an interest in anatomic repair and/or medical devices for the orthopedic market
- 3-D modeling skills (Creo preferred)
- Experience using hand tools and performing mechanical testing, proven problem-solving capabilities, and the ability to communicate technical information
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college, pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Biomechanical, or Biomedical), in sophomore year or above
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Must be available to work full-time (40 hrs/week) during the Co-Op semester.
- This position is located in Raynham, MA. You must be able to provide your own transportation since this location is not within walking distance from the train station.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.