Senior Operations Manager
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Operations Manager to be located in Bridgewater, MA!
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Operations Manager at the Bridgewater, MA site is responsible for developing and managing strong relationships with our franchise partners and is the senior on-site operations (Make) leader responsible for ensuring superior day-to-day customer service and meeting all operational requirements. This includes delivering on service-level agreements (SLAs) and achieving operational performance goals for safety, quality, customer service, and cost.
The Senior Manager will:
- Lead the creation and on-going operation of the Make Center of Excellence in Bridgewater, MA for performing value-added services to the MedTech franchises of DePuy Synthes.
- Establish and ensure alignment of department objectives to both the broader organizational goals and the goals of the franchises being supported.
- Lead, plan, and direct the activities of department personnel to meet or exceed overall department objectives.
- Create a culture of development and inclusion through clearly communicated performance objectives, relevant business process and enrichment training, career development planning, and the delivery of consistent feedback.
- Communicate regularly and consistently apply policies with employees in all departments on all shifts.
- Establish and manage site budget and proactively develop opportunities for cost reductions.
- Apply Process Excellence/lean methodology to improve operational effectiveness / efficiency and quality standards.
- Provide regular communication with the franchises on day-to-day operations, SLAs, metrics, and special events.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and always maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and compliance.
- Ensure EHSS objectives and targets are established for their employees as applicable to their role, training is assigned and completed on-time, and procedures are implemented, followed, and monitored to ensure EHSS compliance.
- Plan, schedule, and deliver existing and newly developed products in areas of assignment in compliance with all regulatory and GMP requirements in a cost-effective manner and in accordance with planned budget.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required; Focus in Engineering, Operations Management, or other technical field is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant experience.
- Ability to build interdependent partnering relationships that facilitate the accomplishment of franchise and operations (Make) goals/objectives.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
- This position is based in Bridgewater, MA and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
- Senior Production Management experience.
- Healthcare/Medical Devices Sector experience.
- Knowledge of capacity planning, financial acumen, and a basic understanding of lean manufacturing technologies.
- Basic project management skills.
- Formal lean training and/or certification.
- Formal six-sigma/process excellence training and/or certification.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.