APAC Transport Category Manager
The Transportation Category Manager will be responsible for supporting the APAC Transportation Procurement Category Leadership thru managing the development and execution of the assigned sub-category sourcing strategies for the related Transportation spend of MedTech and Janssen. She/He will also need to lead/support global initiatives such as SRM, global category strategy update, benchmark, etc. as needed. This individual will monitor, analyze, and report on the organization’s activities and ability to deliver against targets for service reliability, quality, financial performance (Cost Improvement, Inflation mitigation), innovation, sustainability (ESG), diversity, compliance adherence, and overall growth commitments.
The Category Manager’s scope of responsibilities include:
- Lead/support in developing the related Procurement sourcing strategy for, with and through the stakeholder community regionally (and globally, as needed).
- Execute the strategy with robust implementation plan for assigned Transportation sub-categories and markets to ensure they effectively meet the long-range business needs and deliver the maximum value for both MedTech and Janssen.
- Deliver on service reliability, quality, financial, innovation, supply sustainability and diversity, and overall growth commitments.
Negotiate and sign Transportation service agreements with suppliers to secure reliable Transportation services and best protect J&J interests.
- Partners with both MedTech and Janssen DELIVER communities to set priorities to deliver year on year value creation, efficiency improvements, sourcing events and drive competitive advantages.
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM): Interface directly with suppliers to ensure that MedTech and Janssen Business objectives are met, including service reliability, quality, costs, innovation, sustainability (ESG), diversity and compliance adherence.
- Engage and work very closely with stakeholders from key functions (Deliver, Supply Chain, Finance, EHS&S, IT, etc.) to drive transportation initiatives and help deliver the Business Plan
- Partner seamlessly with Global Transportation Category team to make sure Global strategies capture key APAC business needs and, the key Transportation Procurement agenda in APAC is in line with global Transportation sourcing strategies.
- Collaborate with Warehousing Procurement teams to co-manage the logistics suppliers and engage with the business in a synchronized way.
- Properly and timely escalate issues that may impact Transportation category and the business it serves.
Educational Qualification : (Mandatory) Graduate/ Post Graduate in Business/ Supply Chain/ Logistics/ Engineering/ Science. (Preferred) MBA.
Experience : 7 – 12 years
(Mandatory) Transport Procurement experience in Pharma / Medical Devices Industry .
(Preferred) Work experience in an international environment or relevant international experience gained during education. Other Logistics Procurement Experiences in Ground (FTL, LTL), Rail, Parcel, Courier, Customs Brokage
Required competencies and skills:
- Broad-based understanding of core Procurement and Logistics (especially Transportation) areas of focus regarding supplier management
- Level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, category management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in Logistics processes especially for transportation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information.
- Analytical, sound judgment and decision making, problem solver.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives.
- Demonstrated collaborative mindset and behavior.
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Analytical and process oriented.
- Commercial, strategy development, and negotiations skills.
- Results oriented and able to independently create and deliver.
- Project management experience.
- Communication and presentation skills; good listener.
- Decision making / problem solving / strong sense of urgency.
- Commercial agreements management.
- Process Excellence and LEAN skills and experience.
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong knowledge in Logistics processes for warehousing
- Legal knowledge
- Ability to develop a high level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment.