Site Technical Training and Organizational Development Senior Manager
Position: Site Technical Training and Organizational Development Senior
Reporting to: Operations Director
Location: Limerick, Ireland
A Career with J&J Vision Ireland:
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of contact lenses. In our pioneering Limerick facility, we manufacture the Acuvue range of contact lenses, with a workforce of approx. 1,600 people. Due to continued and sustained growth of our business, we are now recruiting a Site Technical Training and Organizational Development Senior Manager to support this growth!
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”
The Site Technical Training and Organizational Development Senior Manager will be responsible for leading the training and development strategy for the Limerick site.
Using different methodologies and tools, they will coordinate training and development activities, seeking innovation and greater agility in the employee’s training and development processes.
This person will be responsible for partnering with their assigned site business functions to develop and implement training programs and processes that support the Business Strategic Plan and comply with all regulatory standards.
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
- Build a strategic and effective relationship with stakeholders/leaders, shaping and leading the training strategy of the JJVC Limerick site.
- Lead and develop a high performance Technical Training and Organizational Development team .
- Identify training and development needs, development opportunities , proposed solutions, and budget requirements.
- Design well-crafted training and development plans to contribute to short-term and long-term improvements in the organization.
- Conduct the monitoring & continuous improvement /innovation of technical training programs.
- Manage and monitor the training and development platform.
- Management of training related budgets.
- Responsible for the identification of training needs for key roles within functions across the site and development of associated curricula and Learning Plans to meet these needs.
- Lead the design and implementation of robust training and development processes and training matrices to support cross training activities across the site.
- Implement comprehensive training programs.
- Champion learning-based training.
- Identify vendors to meet training needs and assist in managing vendor relationships.
- Apply knowledge of e-learning concepts and software to create digital -based training programs.
- Identify, assess and implement opportunities for training optimization.
- Ensure the quality of training and development programs.
- Foster a data-driven culture by measuring and evaluating the impact of training initiatives on Johnson & Johnson employees through KPIs.
- Model and promote Our Credo and Leadership Imperatives.
- Always promote Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Proactive partnering with JJVC sites and global functions.
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have the following requirements:
A minimum of a bachelor’s or equivalent University degree is required, a focus study in Technical Engineering field is desired. A Master’s or Advanced degree is desired.
- Experience in Manufacturing Technical Organizational Training and Professional Development.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time with good organization.
- Good interpersonal relationship and ability to develop successful partnerships.
- Active listening to capture business needs.
- Flexibility to adapt/change plans as needed.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience with data management
- This position may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
This is what awaits YOU at J&J:
This is an opportunity to work with a groundbreaking medical device operation and to be a member of a Johnson & Johnson company, with an excellent record in employee continuous professional development and business improvement.
We are passionate about our work; we play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers.
Whether you’re one of the 1000 people who work here, or you’re considering joining the team, we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal and professional development/education
- Excellent Benefits