Postdoctoral Fellow - Cell Engineering
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Janssen R&D Discovery, Product Development, & Supply (DPDS) Postdoctoral Fellowship Program helps nurture early career scientists gain the training, experience and vision needed to evolve in their careers, while addressing the needs of global healthcare. Janssen DPDS Postdocs work side-by-side with Janssen scientists on innovative research projects, develop disruptive technology and have the opportunity to present and publish their work both internally and externally for building network and gain visibility. They also learn the functional role of scientists in the pharmaceutical industry and receive valuable career advice from mentors while building a network of professional contacts and developing the skills needed to advance their careers.
The candidate will be contributor in the cell line development team and be an integral part of technology development for the next generation of biologics production cell line. The incumbent will plan and execute experiments to enable crossing barriers of current protein expression systems. The role will specifically explore cellular pathways to increase quantity and quality of therapeutic proteins. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the cutting edge of biopharma industry while being exposed to a multitude of specialty scientists to gain holistic experience in the drug discovery and development space.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Mapping and designing biosynthetic pathways using state of the art genomics, transcriptomics, proteins and gene editing technologies
- Integrating technologies to engineering mammalian cell lines secreting complex proteins
- Employing molecular and cell biology techniques such as nucleic acid manipulation, ddPCR and NGS.
- Responsible for experiment design/execution/data analysis
- Interact with peers from specialty areas and develop scientific expertise and soft skills
- Ph.D. degree received within the last 0-3 years in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or a related field is required
- 1+ years’ experience with plasmid generation is required
- Previous experience with mammalian Cell Culture, Molecular biology techniques such as quantitative PCR, Western blot, Next Generation Sequencing, and Alphavirus replication machinery knowledge is preferred
- Permanently authorized to work in the U.S. and do not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
- Available to work on-site in Spring House, PA
- Available to travel up to 15%
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .