SAP Application Technical Lead
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
The SAP Application Technical Lead is responsible and accountable for the quality and exceptional solution application components within the SAP landscape and their conformance to approved change management practices. Further, the technical lead will align with future state SAP roadmaps and ensure adherence to industry leading SAP best practices. This role also ensures appropriate and effective data integration across multiple applications.
· SAP Technical Lead will work closely with internal teams and third-party development resources on system design changes, while ensuring best business practice in ABAP coding.
· Review ABAP code for completeness and modern design methodology.
· Schedule and manage monthly SAP releases, including communication with the business.
· Validate all Abiomed change management requirements are reviewed for completeness and approved/tested as required.
· Manage partnership with the hosting and BASIS vendor.
· Serve as technical point of contact on maintaining clean quality environment.
· Partner with external BASIS team and manage client copies and refreshes.
· Serve as a point of contact for all SAP integrations with external partners, utilizing ALE/EDI and API’s.
§ Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in computer science or a related field
§ 8+ years’ experience with SAP applications in a technical capacity and 3+ years’ experience in ABAP coding
§ Excellent Customer Service and communication skills
§ Strong attention to detail
§ Knowledge of SAP best practices and SAP Implementation Methodology
§ Good understanding of the integration points across SAP modules
§ SAP Certification and/or course work a plus
§ Demonstrated teamwork, self-management, and multi-tasking abilities
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.