Sr. Embedded Software Engineer II
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is recruiting for Sr. Embedded Software Engineer. This position is located in Danvers, Massachusetts.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
We are currently hiring for a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer who has experience in embedded application software and firmware development. The candidate would be responsible for designing, simulating, and implementing performance-enhancing software & algorithms used in ABIOMED’s family of products. We are looking for a motivated and energetic self-starter, someone who has a ‘make it happen attitude and who can thrive in a fast-paced, cutting-edge environment.
- Conversion of user needs and design inputs into software specifications.
- Design, develop, and test software per medical device software development life cycle (IEC-62304)
- Participate in software risk analysis and mitigation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members, including clinicians and data scientists, in further refining and developing advanced algorithms.
- Prepare and maintain programs and documentation for analytic models
- Conduct defined quantitative and qualitative research projects independently and communicate research results to stakeholders.
- B.S. in computer science or electrical engineering; M.S. preferred
- 5+ years of experience writing memory and run-time efficient code in C/C++ on an embedded platform (micro-controller, microprocessor, etc.).
- Experience in writing lower-layer drivers and familiarity with networking protocols, i.e., CAN, I2C, SPI, TCP/IP
- 3+ years of experience in developing multi-threaded applications on real-time operating systems.
- Knowledge of QNX and/or Linux would be a big plus.
- Professional experience in time-domain and frequency-domain biomedical signal processing algorithms development would be a big plus.
- Knowledge of modeling and analyzing large data sets using Python/R/MATLAB or equivalent tools.
- Familiarity with standard data algorithms and machine learning techniques.
- Experience in the medical device industry is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of cardiovascular physiology would be a big PLUS.
- Willing to travel 5% of the time to meet with customers to assess product performance in the field and gather user needs.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and explore new technologies.
- Independent, efficient, and able to manage competing priorities.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.