Associate Manufacturing Operator
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, is hiring for an Associate Manufacturing Operator at our Athens, GA location!
At Janssen, we never stop working toward a future where disease is a thing of the past. We’re the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, and you can count on us to keep working tirelessly to make that future a reality for patients everywhere, by fighting sickness with science, improving access with ingenuity, and healing hopelessness with heart. We focus on areas of medicine where we can make the biggest difference: Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Visit us: www.janssen.com
Benefits you will enjoy starting your first day:
- Competitive pay based on experience, night shift differential, plus an annual performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive 401k, HSA/FSA, and company paid Pension plan.
- 120 hours paid vacation, plus 40 hours paid sick leave and an additional 40 hours paid personal leave.
- 2/2/3 schedule with a 3-day weekend every other week.
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible degree programs.
- $3,000 sign-on bonus and/or company paid relocation available.
Are you interested in joining a team that is positively impacting patients' lives by ensuring high quality in our pharmaceutical products? Apply today for this exciting role!
As an Associate Manufacturing Operator, you will:
Performs duties related to the preparation and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients, intermediates, and/or medical devices.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Operating and cleaning production equipment used to produce intermediate or finished products and completing all associated support activities in the production of these products to ensure products are correctly manufactured and removed from defects as required.
- Handling-controlled substance in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA and DEA while maintaining compliance with all company and site policies and procedures and the intent of our Credo.
- Following and accurately completing batch records/logs, SAP transactions and other documentation associated with all production processes to ensure efficient operations and compliance with cGMP and standard operating procedures.
- Transporting materials of varying weight in accordance with established safety guidelines using material handling equipment and additional assistance as required.
- Performing all duties with attention to quality, safety and environmental matters including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, recognizing, reporting, and appropriately responding to hazards in the work area, maintaining proper housekeeping, and properly labeling and storing chemicals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by site leadership.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to read, write, and understand basic English and math and work effectively as part of a team.
- Available for overtime work on a scheduled or emergency basis.
- Available and willing to work a starting shift of 7:00am-7:00pm for training, then transition to biweekly rotating hours of 7:00am to 7:00pm and 7:00pm to 7:00am shifts, including weekends and overtime.
- Standing, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, reaching with hands and arms, and using hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently required to talk, hear, taste and smell; must have the ability to work from ladders or platforms up to 30 feet in the air and the ability to lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to qualify for respiratory protective equipment use.
- 1+ year experience in a regulated manufacturing industry.
- 6+ months of work experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, or other industry that complies with cGMP environment.
- Knowledge of Digital Control System and SAP systems.
- Basic PC navigation such as the ability to enter data into programs/software applications.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .